Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default usps module suddenly giving an error

My site has been working fine for years an suddenly when trying to check out clients receive this message:

United States Postal Service
    We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use.

Has anything changed? Orders can not be placed at this point. Website is aaarmory.com

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps webtools

Check that you have the current USPS January 22, 2012 installed:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191406

and follow the instructions ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps module suddenly giving an error

I am running Zen Cart 1.3.8a will the upgrade work with this?

Plugin Contributions

Yes it will ...

NOTE: you should upgrade to v1.39h or better still v1.5 as soon as you can ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: usps module suddenly giving an error

i received a response from usps about this...

Thank you for contacting the USPS® Internet Customer Care Center. I apologize for the inconvenience and will be more than happy to assist you.

I'm so sorry, I have verified your account and everything is in production on our end. There are some outdated versions of the Web Tools Domestic Rate Calculator API (Rate and RateV2), that were retired on March 31, 2012.

If you are using third party software and need assistance, please contact the vendor of the software. They should be able to assist you in obtaining live information using our APIs. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
    any ideas when this module will be updated accordingly so that we have a shot at NOT having a page full of text appear above the cart when the buyer is shipping to canada? or 4 lines of text above the cart when the buyer is us-based?

btw this is with V 1.5 on a new installation... started the process BEFORE the end of march, and it seemed ok, but now

would be most appreciated.

Last edited by somethingelse; 6 Apr 2012 at 10:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

oops - just realized PART of my issue was inadvertently having on-screen debug on... so ignore the bit about full screens of text on CAD orders... duh.

however, it's still not calculating correctly - at least not according to the guy at the post office who swears our priority mail cost should be $5.15, not $5.20...

i don't get many options for domestic shipping... apparently there should be the same kind of options as in international shipping, eg. flat rate small box, etc.

thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Please go to your Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ... and in the bottom input box enter:
    usps.php

and select Catalog from the dropdown and click search ...

What comes up on the version id?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Please go to your Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ... and in the bottom input box enter:
    usps.php

and select Catalog from the dropdown and click search ...

What comes up on the version id?
    Linda,

I've had this problem since some time today. I've got customers telling me that the USPS shipping module isn't working. I've upgraded to the current version:

Line #6 : * @version $Id: usps.php 18348F 2012-01-22 01:22:00Z ajeh $

From Developers toolkit search on usps.php

I'm getting this error message. It was working late last night, but stopped working sometime today. Is USPS having problems or have they changed something causing this to break?

"We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use.
    If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.
    (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)"

Incidentally, I was using the January 2011 update and getting the same error message. I'm running 1.39.h for my store.

Regards

James Koretsky

Plugin Contributions

Both of my USPS and Numinix FedEx Web Services Shipping modules are down, too. Running ZC 1.39h and haven't changed anything recently.

Name:  2012-04-23_184422.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  18.8 KB

Plugin Contributions

I too am getting the same error messages on two different websites/shopping carts. Sometime in the past few hours the USPS module has stopped working. When a customer checks out, and enters their name and address, and continues to the next page (shipping), no further progress is possible due to the USPS error. PayPal Express checkout is working fine. Yes, I am using the latest USPS module, and it has worked fine until a few hours ago, today April 23, 2012.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast