Page 151 of 169 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1685
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 4 Support Thread

That's the beauty of Image-Handler ... no more worrying about those _MED and _LRG images!

Image Handler places all of its "handled" images into the /bmz_cache folder. If you take a look at one of that folder's subdirectories, you'll see files named
    Code:
    some_unique_string.image.widthxheight.jpg
    The some_unique_string (for IH-4, anyway) is an MD5-hash of the file's name and some additional values to uniquely identify the base file. The width and height values in the file's name are the resultant image's width and height.

So, you'll see your images' small, medium and large images all grouped together and identified by the actual image's dimensions.

Plugin Contributions

lat9,
    based on what you are saying, this only comes into play for NEW images that are uploaded after IH was installed and with NEW names.

based on what you are saying i would need to delete the OLD images PRIOR to the upload, as opposed to after the base image gets uploaded.

listen, i see the beauty of IH. what i'm not sure you are seeing is that there is a definite bug here. which is either part of the base ZC or part of IH. when i upload a different image with the same file name, the old file remains. and IH does nothing to address that issue.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    lat9,
    based on what you are saying, this only comes into play for NEW images that are uploaded after IH was installed and with NEW names.

based on what you are saying i would need to delete the OLD images PRIOR to the upload, as opposed to after the base image gets uploaded.

listen, i see the beauty of IH. what i'm not sure you are seeing is that there is a definite bug here. which is either part of the base ZC or part of IH. when i upload a different image with the same file name, the old file remains. and IH does nothing to address that issue.
    Not a bug - Its a feature...
    The old way you need to upload a small, _MED and _LRG image
    If you now upload a new (different) small image with the same name, you need to also upload a new image version of the _MED and _LRG
    If you don't then the old versions still remain there.

Same with IH4
    Upload a (now larger) new image and it will create new medium and large images ONLY if there are NO existing _MED and _LRG images already there.

They will NOT be auto deleted as its a feature so that you can "over-ride" IH4 with specific alternate images if required.

So..... to quickly see the new images rename the folders that contain the _MED and _LRG images.
    This will force IH4 to create all size images itself.
    When you are happy with this, then you can delete all existing _MED and _LRG images

Plugin Contributions

gilby,
    awesome. thanks for the explanation. much appreciated.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

There's also an option (not sure if it has been repaired yet or not) that is supposed to delete all of the "alternate" images and is selectable in the tools IH4 window. If it hasn't been corrected it is discussed/described in this thread about what it takes for it to work as "expected".
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

And how one could use the "image handle image" ?
    If check the $GLOBALS...but I still haven't found out.
    I'm still working on a lot of things at the same time for this shop with 155, and I've made a OG image link, but when sharing a image to FB I think I'm still getting the original image.
    Thanks
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

I am testing ZC 1.5.5a for a future upgrade from 1.3.9h.
    PHP 5.2.17 (have to use this version until I can upgrade from 1.3.9h)
    MySQL 5.5.42
    Test folder is: k - 9 d e s i g n s . c o m / t e m p 1 5 5 a/

I have the classic responsive template selected. I installed Image Handler from GitHub. This is a clean install on ZC and the only mods I have installed are SQL backup and Easy Populate v4. No core files were modified prior to Image Handler.

I am seeing strange category image overlapping behavior that differs in severity across IE, Firefox, and Chrome. It seems worse in chrome and seems to surface itself on a refresh of the page. The issue goes away if I uninstall Image Handler.

Symptoms and it various between browsers and if you refresh the page or not:

1. Pages that have more than two or three Categories overlap with the row above.
    2. Pages that have any number of Categories overlap with the row above if the category has "Featured Products" being displayed. The "Featured Products" section will also overlap the categories. The "Featured Products" is also cutoff on the bottom.
    3. If a product has Additional images, the images overlap each other

Has anyone experienced this type of behavior?

NOTE: Without Image Handler installed, when you refresh the page, the categories are temporarily overlapped (split second) and then it somehow adjusts itself and it looks normal. With Image Handler installed, the auto adjust behavior doesn't occur leaving the categories as overlapping. This is just an observation with and without IH installed.
    Last edited by Crunch; 5 Jun 2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: test location

Plugin Contributions

Adding on to my previous post:

I also just noticed a problem when viewing the test site on mobile (IOS using Safari or Chrome):

When you click the menu button (three horizontal lines), the page shifts over to the right to open the menu, but it's completely blank (White) with no items to click on.

This problem does not present itself when Image Handler is uninstalled. The menu opens just fine with items to click on.

Any one experience these problems noted in both of my posts?
    Last edited by Crunch; 8 Jun 2016 at 02:37 AM. Reason: corrected browser

Plugin Contributions

These issues appear to be related to the lack of merging the changes of IH4 with your existing template before "installing" IH4. Note: generally speaking the files in the IMAGE_HANDLER directory are modified based off of a vanilla ZC install. The equivalent template files for your store are also in some way modified off of a default install, but the two are likely to be modified in different ways. You need to merge the pieces/parts needed for IH4 to do its business with the template file(s) of your site so that on installation you don't end up with the issues that you are explaining. The merge "process" is described in the IH4 instructions.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    These issues appear to be related to the lack of merging the changes of IH4 with your existing template before "installing" IH4. Note: generally speaking the files in the IMAGE_HANDLER directory are modified based off of a vanilla ZC install. The equivalent template files for your store are also in some way modified off of a default install, but the two are likely to be modified in different ways. You need to merge the pieces/parts needed for IH4 to do its business with the template file(s) of your site so that on installation you don't end up with the issues that you are explaining. The merge "process" is described in the IH4 instructions.
    Thanks for the reply. I followed the new installations instructions, but apparently I misunderstood something. I typically don't have a problem with this stuff, but maybe it's been awhile. The way I read step 7 was that if I had customized the files listed in the table, then I need to make file merges. I have not customized any of the listed files, so I didn't do any manual merges. I then thought the auto-installer would take care of the rest. I am re-reading the instructions and it still reads that way for me.
    Last edited by Crunch; 8 Jun 2016 at 04:21 AM.