Plugin Contributions

Default Invoice help - set shipping text

Hi all,

New to Zen Cart but so far I am loving it.

I have been changing and customising layouts for different things, but the invoice has me stumped slightly.

I do have austpost add-on and that works fine.

I want to remove the part on the invoice that has:

Australia Post ({reg.post.pic} 1

and replace it with

Shipping:

I want this for all shipping methods so want to set a static text label but cannot fine anywhere to change it, been through nearly every php file that exists I think.

Regards,
    Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dellboy999; 9 Apr 2012 at 08:54 AM.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Invoice help - set shipping text

I do not use Auspost but the principle should be the same... (RodG may be able to assist you as I believe he is the author of the mod).

Right-click on the image in question to see what it has been called.

in your admin console, look under TOOLS menu , DEVELOPERS TOOLKIT, then, in the very bottom input field, type in the name of that image.

Choose appropriate filters from the dropdowns, then conduct your search.

You can also look for text strings (Australia Post).

But be careful here... Change only the LANGUAGE DEFINES... ie; the LABELS given to the constants. DO NOT change the constants, or any fuction elements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Invoice help - set shipping text

Quote Originally Posted by fairestcape View Post
    RodG may be able to assist you as I believe he is the author of the mod
    Although it is true that I am the author of the 'austpost' module, I am unable to provide any support or assistance for this module as it was superceeded by the replacement 'ozpost' module about 2 years ago.

The ozpost module has switches that allows the user to enable/disable the graphic/icon displays, as well as an override system to change any method text (if needed). The old austpost module doesn't have these features.

Furthermore, for the benefit of those that are still using the old austpost module, please be advised that this module has been 'kludged' from my original code, and certain aspects of it now require a manual update to some of the shipping costs, and unless this is done, not all quotes will be accurate... For example, the example quote provided by the OP is out by 10cents as a result of price increases to the registration fees just last week. The insurance quotes will also be incorrect, as will the prepaid satchel rates, all of which have had several price increases since I last had anything to do with this particular module.
    The biggest 'gotcha' with the austpost module is for shipping to USA, as of Nov 2011 any items over 500gm are being underquoted by $9.00 because this module doesn't take the 'USA Security surcharge' into account.

In short, the old 'austpost' module is now so outdated in so many ways that no one should really be using it in its current state if they expect accurate quotes.

In contrast, the ozpost module is constantly being upgraded to reflect any price changes as well as other new shipping methods (such as the new 'eBay' and Parcel Post Plus satchels).

Cheers
    Rod