Plugin Contributions

help question Where are deferred emails stored?

Hi all. Sending out a Gift Voucher notice/newsletter via the store to my subscribers, and due to my crappy shared server, (which was being very slow at the time) kept getting INTERNAL SERVER ERROR pages. thinking that the voucher notification hadn't sent, i kept hitting refresh and kept getting error pages. Must have done it a dozen or more times. then checked my email and realised that to my horror it had been working, just my shared server wasn't letting me see the success page.

Due to the shared server thing, I'm only allowed to send 500 emails in an hour, so the other several thousand generated by my hitting refresh over and over are apparently being stored elsewhere for later delivery - my question is, where does Zen Cart store those emails so that I can cancel them rather than annoy the further hell out of my customers with another load of multiple repeated newsletters? Is there an email outbox, so to speak, within the Zen Cart folders or would it be in the database? Or would Zen cart use my website's own email outbox rather than the ZC one, as the store emails are from my website email addresses ?

Am in the process of upgrading to 1.5 but still have 1.39h live, if that would make any difference.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where are deferred emails stored?

Zen Cart doesn't defer emails at all.

The only exception would be if you've installed some sort of outgoing mail queuing addon which changes the normal behavior of the Zen Cart code. In that case, you'll need to consult the documentation of those addons to determine the answers to your questions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.