Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin home page formatting gone

I've had a zen cart up for about 5 years now, and today, all of a sudden my admin home page seems to have lost all of it's formatting. I've attached a photo below of what it looks like now.

It looked like it was missing its css files, but I checked the page source and then the css files it was referencing, and they both looked fine.

Anyone seen this before? Or have some idea of where I can look?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin home page formatting gone

I notice the screenshot says "New Version Available". What version is the shop with the problem? Have you ever upgraded?

Plugin Contributions

you should go and check via ftp to see if any of the files in your admin have been changed recently.

Plugin Contributions

Correct. It wouldn't benefit a hacker to make your admin look odd, but it could be a side effect of something malicious... that's an important thing to check, anyway.
    You might also see if your host has changed anything on your server recently.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, guys, for all the replies. I'm a bit embarrassed, but I think this must have been a browser issue of some kind... still to be determined.

Anyway, when I came to work this morning and viewed the site from my work pc, everything looked find again. I did a check of file dates (a good suggestion), and couldn't find anything untoward in the directories I checked, which was about a dozen of the most likely directories I could think of. Certainly the css file dates were not recently changed, nor the index pages or template files that I checked.

But I think this is resolved. I should have thought to clear the cache on the browser on my home pc, but I think that's where the issue was. I've never seen that before. I wonder if my Norton Utilities (which came free with my security suite) has been cleaning up the wrong files in my cache or something...

Plugin Contributions

Glad the problem went away:) You might want to take this as a wakeup call if you are running older than v1.3.9h, though. There is a patch to improve security in older versions, but it still won't be as safe as the latest.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.

I do have 1.3.9h. I'll probably confront the upgrade to 1.5 pretty soon. I just have so darned many mods that I wanted to let them catch up a bit first. Also, I have some customizations of my own that would have to be re-written. It's not really a problem, except for the time...

Plugin Contributions

I did a check of file dates (a good suggestion), and couldn't find anything untoward in the directories I checked
    For the future, you might want to install Snapshot from the downloads section. This mod rocks the house! You can check your entire site for file changes in a matter of seconds.

Plugin Contributions

This looks like a great idea. But it's not open source. I don't like having that class file in there that I can't make heads nor tails of. Who is that guy? What's to stop him from putting back doors into our admins? Isn't this dangerous?

Plugin Contributions

I expect the admins would have either verified the safety of the code, or know and trust the author, before allowing closed code in Free Addons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast