Plugin Contributions

Default Recovering MySQL

I had a hard drive crash, i had to manually back everything up, i did a mysql table repair and i am getting this error still:

29 File './dressup_zencart/zen_configuration.MYD' not found (Errcode: 13)
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from zen_configuration]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

These files are there:
    /var/lib/mysql/website/zen_configuration.MYD
    /var/lib/mysql/website/zen_configuration.MYD

i tried restarting the db as well.

when i repaired it these were errors:

Error : File './dressup_slashnew/zen_configuration.MYD' not found (Errcode: 13)
    Error : File './dressup_slashnew/zen_configuration.MYD' not found (Errcode: 13)
    Error : Table 'zen_configuration' is read only
    error : Corrupt

any help is appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Recovering MySQL

Quote Originally Posted by infowire View Post

any help is appreciated!
    Unless you have a backup make BEFORE the hard drive crash you're screwed. Your web host *may* be able to help.

Sorry, not exactly what you wanted to hear
    Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

i do have back up its two months old

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by infowire View Post
    i do have back up its two months old
    In that case I'm confused as to what your problem is. Your backup (mySQL) should be restoring the missing/corrupt MYD files. That is the entire point of having a backup.

If you are getting these errors after restoring from your backups then the only conclusion I can come to is that your backup files are also corrupt. Were they stored on the same drive that crashed? (if so, the lesson here is to never store a backup on the same machine as the files being backed up).
    If you had stored the backup on a different drive and you still have problems with recovery, then perhaps it is time for lesson #2... Always verify your backups. It is pointless doing any backup unless you know the backups can be used for restoration purposes... Unless you are prepared to verify/validate the backups you are better to not do them at all. At least this way you'll know you'll be screwed if your drive fails, which is just a little better than thinking you *may* be able to recover only to give up hope after several hours of trying.

Again, I'm sorry I'm not able to tell you the things you'd like to hear, but from the sounds of it, your only option really is to hope your webhost has their own backups and see if they can restore it for you. The good news, if you can call it that, is that your hosts backups are probably no older than a week, so if they can help you'll still be better off than using 2 month old data.

Again, ASK YOUR HOST FOR HELP (unless there is perhaps something more that you can tell us).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

My problem is that two months old, is a bit old, it restores fine, but my store has many items added since that back up. I have manually copied mysql and files from the crashed drive which are up to date, but they have a corrupt file and i tried using the file i need from the back up still no go.