Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Approval e-Mail Not Sending

Hello

My apologies if this has been answered before I've tried but not found anything relating to this either on forum or in the FAQ.

I'm currently using 1.3.8a and want my customers to be manually approved before they can view prices but on account creation the standard Welcome e-mail is sent not the Authorization Pending, am I wrong in assuming that the Authorization Pending e-mail should be sent out initially?

In Admin - Configuration - Customer Details I have Customer Approval Status - Authorization Pending set to 2 - May browse but no prices unless Authorized

I may have the wrong end of the stick but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Approval e-Mail Not Sending

The welcome email is sent to everyone regardless of authorization status.
    When authorizing a customer, the automatic email telling them of their account status is *only* sent if you authorize the customer by clicking on the red button in the customer listing.
    Otherwise you'll have to notify your customers manually.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! Your information is very much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

This answer didn't clear things up for me.
    I know there is an email called customers_authorization.php in the languages/english folder which has the wording:
    "Thank you for requesting Authorization for our store. We will contact you as soon as possible."

I have the authorisation setting set to 2, ie customers may browse but can't see prices or place an order until authorised. But when I create a test account for myself, I get sent the usual welcome email that makes it sound like I can now do anything. I don't get the email above.
    Is there another setting somewhere I have missed? How can I get the authorisation email sent out instead?
    Jen

Plugin Contributions

Yes I have the same problem (ditto Baa). It would be great if Dr could give us more explanation on this. I have posted my problem before but still no answer.

As Baa said,

1. Admins should receive an email saying yes there is a new customer waiting to be authorized. Then I can log in and approve/disprove

Upon approval
    2. Customer should receive an email with a link/or message to say they have been proved so then can log in.

As I understand it, this is how zen supposed to be working but I am not getting any emails as admin for the new customers. How else would I know who applied for?

At the moment when I approve manually (as I would normally anyway but without the admin email notification), Customer gets an email saying following, which is meaningless and confusing without a mention of the authorization.

======== email send to customer after approval =========
    Your customer status has been updated.
    Thank you for shopping with us.

We look forward to your business.

This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to [email protected] This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.

================================
    Last edited by oavs; 9 Dec 2009 at 05:28 AM. Reason: additional info
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Yep I also have the same problem.

Has anyone found the solution to this yet? As there is a customers_authorization.php file you would think this could be used.
    When hitting the submit button on the creat account form it should re-direct you to the authorization form.. anyone know how to do this??

In the meantime I have just changed the text in create_account_success.php

Plugin Contributions

I just set up another shop for wholesale, but am having issues with the email not sending.

Is there an option (for me) to get an email when someone signs up? I'm sure it's a simple oversight.

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

*Bump bump!

I have a similar problem. Obviously, there is a procedural problem regarding this approval set up.

Zen Cart should notify the admin first about a customer that is waiting for approval before sending them the welcome message as this seems misleading for the customer.

It also doesn't make sense to me to log in to ZC all the time just to check if there are customers waiting for approval.

Has anyone thought of a way to work around this?
    (help!)

-saydie13

Plugin Contributions

I'm so glad someone has raised this again. It's clearly a bug of some kind - why else would that customer_authorization email even exist, except for this situation? But all we're getting is silence...

Plugin Contributions

1.3.9h - No change yet.

I agree with everyone on this thread - any advice/progress on this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast