Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade missing product descriptions on Admin, not site - Fonts a bit odd

I up graded a site from 1.38h to 1.50 using the approved instructions provided by Zen Cart. I thought all went well. The customer is discovering problems. I've included examples as I can. (we'll skip his irriation about the login timeout <G>) Worst case - I do have a backup!

ISSUE #1)
    the site is http://cart.valleyrailroadmodeltrains.com

If you look at some pages you will notice odd fonts appearing.
    (See this page: http://cart.valleyrailroadmodeltrain...oducts_id=2213

Those codes were not there prior to the upgrade.

ISSUE #2)
    You can see the description on line in the about mentioned item. Now if you pull up that item in the admin pages this is what you see:

Notice the description in blank.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade missing product descriptions on Admin, not site - Fonts a bit odd

#1 is the result of pasting the copy in question into Zencart from a WYSIWYG editor, along with all the styling that editor adds, including this: <font size="4">.

Better to use the CKE editor mod or (my choice) insert the copy as text and style it in the stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade missing product descriptions on Admin, not site - Fonts a bit odd

#1 I found the answer to. It involved changing the language type in the \admin\language\english.php file to "latin1".

#2 is still an issue. I'm using the new CKeditor v3.6x and still have the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bwtharp View Post
    #2 is still an issue. I'm using the new CKeditor v3.6x and still have the problem.
    Look in your /cache directory. I'm betting that you have a bunch of admin log files that indicate PHP failures due to the change from utf8 to latin1, possibly from the htmlentities function.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, but it's absolutely useless to me; (Translated => I'm not sure how to fix it!) Obviously I've got something set wrong somewhere but I'm not understanding the fix.

[12-Apr-2012 05:38:38] PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars() [<a href='function.htmlspecialchars'>function.htmlspecialchars</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /xxxxx/xxxxx/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 401

[12-Apr-2012 05:37:45] PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars() [<a href='function.htmlspecialchars'>function.htmlspecialchars</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /xxxx/xxxxx/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 401

Plugin Contributions

It looks like you got it sorted out ... how did you do it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Almost certainly the problem is caused by changing characters sets incorrectly.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=414

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It's not at all fixed. Still working on it.

Plugin Contributions

I did a authorized install from a new download of 1.5 per the instructions including choosing "upgrade" when converting the database. I have no reference to "DB_CHARSET in my configure.php file, just the language.php file.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not going to sit and argue with you, but I will state emphatically that a clean NEW installation will indeed set DB_CHARSET in the configure.php files.
    If you copy another file overtop of it, then of course the rest of the content will be replaced with whatever you overwrite it with.
    Doing an upgrade will NOT replace the configure.php files: it only reads them. So if you're doing an upgrade and not a new install, then the files will NOT include the DB_CHARSET line.

Either way, if the DB_CHARSET is missing from your configure.php files, then if you want to use a different character set than the default, you'll need to put it there yourself.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast