Plugin Contributions

Default Salemaker/specials question.

ZC1.39h

I'm perplexed (what else is new?).

I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out on my own but am coming up short.

I'd like to offer a "Buy 4, Get Free Shipping" Sale/Special but can't figure out how to apply the free shipping to specific items.

Basically if a customer buys 4 items from a specific category or sub category I'd like to offer them free shipping for those 4 items only and not for everything in their cart.

I'm sure that I could mess around with coupons and make it work but I'd really like to get it to work without asking the customer to enter a code to take advantage of the sale/special.

Is this even possible using ZC?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker/specials question.

Uh-oh!

Stumped the experts?

Plugin Contributions

Oh well.....

You might have better luck using CEON Advanced Shipper module. It's a paid module, but it'll allow you to do exactly that, purchase 4 items and have the order shipped for free. Items less or more than that, shipping will be calculated to your specifications. You can also set the items for a specific category, subcategory or products.
    http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/advanced-shipper

Plugin Contributions

I already use it, but that doesn't help when I'm trying to offer free shipping on the site for the purchase of a specific number of items.

Have you contacted Conor? He can tell you if it's possible or not. If it is possible, he can figure out a proper way to make it happen. Given the way Salemaker and Specials function, it's not possible to do what you want done.

With advanced shipper, you'll need to set something like the following:
    <numitems>4:0.00</numitems>

I'm just not sure how to integrate it within a specific shipping method since I don't know how you base your calculations. Conor offers examples of combining shipping parameters in his documentation. I suppose you could go to his site and submit a question. He's been very helpful with my requests. If it's a question that is best suited for the forums, he'll let you know.

Plugin Contributions

I guess i'm not explaining myself properly.

I know how to set up the Advance Shipper module for free shipping on any number of products.

What I'm trying to do is make free shipping available provided that the customer buys a quantity of 4 parts for their application.

Basically buy 2 of Item A and 2 of Item B and the shipping is then free for all four, but any other items purchased at the same time will still have the regular freight fees included.

Well, that is certainly different than your original posting! I still think you can do it by creating a separate shipping method for those particular items. However, since I don't know how you set up your methods, I don't know what I can do to help you out. Again, have you submitted a question to Conor to make sure that this can or cannot be done with Advanced Shipper? You have nothing to lose by asking him.

Based on what I know about Salesmaker and Specials (and I use these features regularly), they won't do what you want done, which was part of your original posting. They only provide discounts for a particular item, subcategory or category. Coupons will offer free shipping, but it is based on the total purchase price.