Hello,
I have had a look around but am still unsure...

I charge for shipping based on amount purchased. However, I have a couple of items where I want ONLY a flat rate option for the product.
Can anyone help me with this?

I currently have zones turned on with 4 different zones. I have just turned on flat rate to see if there were settings/ options to assign it to a product but there arent. So currently I have those 2 turned on.

The items that are getting charged this are the jewellery items rather than the supplies so no matter what they will incur this charge as they are packaged in little boxes etc so when someone buys supplies and jewellery, they are charged £1 per jewellery item and then the supplies are a much cheaper rate. Otherwise they would get charged £.50 for a necklace as my postage is charged on cost. I was doing it when i was using paypal buttons on my current site.

Hope this makes sense

Adding the amount onto the item, how do i then actually assign it as a free postage for that product?

I also need a separate shipping for the jewellery to make it cheaper for the customer, however if I put free shipping but add the cost onto the item, people from other countries will be buying a product with uk priced shipping which will lose me money. So the free shipping route will not work. I really need to just assign a flat rate to the jewellery items. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
A