Plugin Contributions

Default Sending Gift Certificates returns 404 Page Not Found

I started off well, my first install of ZC 1.5.0... had it running and coupons were working and gift certificates were being sent--I tested it all. Then I installed a few things like Google Checkout and Checkout by Amazon... and the next time I tried to send a Gift Certificate, after I hit SEND, I got a 404 page.

I've since started a fresh reinstall with a new database and everything FOUR TIMES. Installing NO plugins/addons. Adding only a single gift certificate as the only product... buying it... releasing it... then going to send it and POOF. 404. What happened? Is my zip file missing a page or something? What could be wrong?? I'm banging my head on my desk over here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sending Gift Certificates returns 404 Page Not Found

Oh yeah, it happens when looking up coupon codes, too. 404. Even when I KNOW the code is right.

Plugin Contributions

Can someone do a test on their site and buy a gift certificate and then send it to someone (yourself?) and tell me what the url of the success page is? Because that is the page it's not finding, and if I knew what it was supposed to be it may help me figure out this problem.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the exact same issue! Did you ever figure out what was causing this? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, in my case I was using .htaccess and Mod_Rewrite to have my pageroot in a subfolder of public_html instead of having the files and folders directly in public_html. I set it up that way because I had 23 other sites/domains on that hosting account, each in a subfolder of public_html, and it would have been messy as hell to have my shop files/directories mixed in with those directories. Not to mention that if you went to myshop.com/othersite's_directory you'd get the content from my other sites as subfolders of my shop!!! Bleah! So you can see why I set it up that way.

Now, my hosting provider by default assigns the primary domain for the account to the public_html folder directly, and I had to make my shop the primary domain for the account in order to get the SSL certificate... so I used the .htaccess method to keep my shop files nicely in their subfolder. Except it broke a few things doing it that way, and the Gift Certificate send was one of them. In order to work, the shop had to be DIRECTLY in the public_html directory.

Just a personal note about how annoying this all was for me: my hosting provider will not transfer an SSL certificate to a new account. That was my first thought--move the shop to a new hosting account (it's only like $5/month, so no biggie). But nope, because they won't move the SSL to a new account, what I ended up having to do was move all 23 other sites; domains, subdomains, ftp accounts, 17 databases, email forwarders, cron jobs, etc. to a new account. That was several days of hell. Moving the databases renamed ALL of my databases and database users (my hosting company makes all databases/database users start with "yourusername_" and I had a new username), and of course anything that had a hard-coded server path had to be edited since my home directory went from /home5/oldusername/ to /home2/newusername/ ... you wouldn't believe the places I kept finding hard coded paths, even a couple of weeks later. Ugh. I'm so glad that's done.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply WebKat. Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through all of that "stuff" to make things work.

We are not doing what you described with the .htaccess and mod_rewrite. The primary site (zen-cart) is loaded in the public_html and we don't use SSL at all. We do have a few addon domains as subdirectories of the public_html.

So, knowing that, do you have any suggestions?

Also, did you have any other things that were broken? We just discovered the coupon issue you described too.

Thanks!