Plugin Contributions

Default Question about books store

I want to install zencart and sell books, is there ani addon to import all the book isbn and bring the pics and info of the book from any other site like amazon ? Because i have to list more than 100000 books and i have an excel file with isbn and prices.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about books store

There's an old add-on call Easy Populate that allows you to import an Excel sheet. It's no longer supported but still works fine in most cases. You'll need to find a way to handle the ISBN number since there is not an existing product field in Zen Cart for that. You could use that as the model number.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about books store

Numinix has a "Extra Product Fields" addon that will add a ISBN field to the database. Not sure if it creates an additional TABLE, or whether it writes the field to the PRODUCTS table. If it does the latter, you can reconfigure Easy Populate to include that field, and thereby make it possible to load all 100,000 books using EP.

If it does NOT write the field to the PRODUCTS table, then EP may not be suitable - you could then look at APSONA SHOPADMIN instead.

If you wany to use CORE zencart (no additional fields) you can write the ISBN to the MODEL NUMBER field, and could probably rename the defines for "Model" to say "ISBN" instead.

However... if you later wish to use Google Merchant Center, you will need to reference an ISBN field - and Numinix's addon will give this to you. When used with Numinix's Google Merchant Center module, you will be able to generate XML feeds that meet Google's requirements.
    20 years a Zencart User