Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default URGENT having paypal issues

Hi,
    i really need an urgent answer for this.

I had paypal installed on my zencart but when orders came through the items that were bought were not listed on there and it was not showing up on my orders in zencart.

PI was advised on here to change to express. I have had issues setting this up as my zencart email is one thing and my paypal another. I cannot change my paypal email to match because the confirmation emails are not coming through.

I have been to email options in zencart but the only options there are to change...
    Email Address (Displayed to Contact you)
    Email Address (sent FROM)

Can anyone tell me an easy step by step of what to do?

Also when I generate my ipn in paypal it is using an old email as the username. Does this matter?

I rreally need help with this as my site has now been offline for 2 days and I am losing money.

Thankyou
    A

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: URGENT having paypal issues

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow_pixie_star View Post
    I had paypal installed on my zencart but when orders came through the items that were bought were not listed on there and it was not showing up on my orders in zencart.
    As explained elsewhere, those problems are caused by your webserver's firewall blocking connectivity to PayPal.
    PI was advised on here to change to express. I have had issues setting this up as my zencart email is one thing and my paypal another. I cannot change my paypal email to match because the confirmation emails are not coming through.
    The email address has nothing to do with Express Checkout use.
    I have been to email options in zencart but the only options there are to change...
    Email Address (Displayed to Contact you)
    Email Address (sent FROM)
    Again, those are not related to Paypal use in any way.
    Also when I generate my ipn in paypal it is using an old email as the username. Does this matter?
    I think you're mixing up terminologies and stuff here. What you're saying doesn't make sense.
    I rreally need help with this as my site has now been offline for 2 days and I am losing money.
    Again, as described elsewhere (and you keep creating more and more threads on the same issue, which makes it hard to keep the conversation and context together for those who offer their time and knowledge to help for free), your problem is with your hosting company.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Everything done above is what i have been told AND told to do by people on here.

I would have liked to keep it how it is however, I get this message
    All the items in your shopping basket (see details in the store and on your store receipt).
    Item no: Craftjam custom laser cutting, printing and crafting supplies Purchase

Surely the type of paypal I am using would not maje this happen.

A

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, fine, I guess I'm clearly missing something, because I've already talked in another of your threads about the issue of the PayPal email receipt contents. So, I'm not sure why that's still coming up again.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i dont get it either.

So, going into paypal i'm going to profile > my selling pref > API access.

VIew API signature, then pasting the details created here into paypal express.

When i have been to API signiture, do I have to go to Grant API permission? Its here that i am not sure what to put in the
    Third party permission user name and end up getting messages that its incorrect.

Thanks
    A

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, you don't need to touch the Grant API Permission section. Zen Cart doesn't use that feature.