Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default where can I add banners to the product pages?

Hi,
    I wanted to know where can I add banners to the product pages? For example you click on a category and you are taken to the product page where it lists the individual products you have for that category, I want to be able to add a banner on those pages. I hope I make sense.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: where can I add banners to the product pages?

What exactly do you mean by "banner"?

There are lots of different meanings of the word "banner" when it comes to websites and designers. A banner could be an ad. It could be a header image. It could be a wide picture. It could be lots of different things, and each would have a very different implementation. Please describe exactly what *you* mean when you use that word.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

banner ads

Plugin Contributions

There is no built in feature that would allow you to do that. Zen Cart normally uses banners site-wide and has only a SSL/NONSSL switch.

Here's what you could do: take any of the existing banner positions and add it to your product page.

Let's say you'll be using header position 1. This is a step-by-step guide how to do it.

1. Open your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_main_page.php file. Delete the following code:
    Code:
    <?php
      if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1)) {
        if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerOne" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
        }
      }
    ?>
    2. Open your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php and paste the code from above (the one you deleted) to a position where you want your banner to show up.

3. go to "Admin -> Configuration -> Layout Settings -> Banner Display Groups - Header Position 1" and set that to ProductPage

4. go to "Admin -> Banner Manager" and add a new banner. In the Banner Group field, manually type ProductPage

And that's it, your banner will now show on all product pages. You can add multiple banners to the same group and display a random banner each time.

Plugin Contributions

I have banner on the homepage that I don't want to remove, but I will look at what you sent thank you!

Plugin Contributions

The one I mentioned is usually located ABOVE the header, on the very top of the page. So, unless your template was designed differently, you should be safe to use it.

Plugin Contributions

Yes it is different because I don't have this page tpl_product_info_display.php, but thank you for your help anyway.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jen Will View Post
    I don't have this page tpl_product_info_display.php, but thank you for your help anyway.
    Um ... yes, you do.

Your custom template may not yet have a customized version of the file, but if you copy it from the template_default and store your altered version of it in your own template folder, then you can make adjustments as necessary. That's all part of the template-override system. Details in the Tutorials/FAQs area.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have a jewelry site and I'd like to post random banners on specific jewelry pictures (to say "special" or "sale through...").
    How would I do this?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    There is no built in feature that would allow you to do that. Zen Cart normally uses banners site-wide and has only a SSL/NONSSL switch.

Here's what you could do: take any of the existing banner positions and add it to your product page.

Let's say you'll be using header position 1. This is a step-by-step guide how to do it.

1. Open your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_main_page.php file. Delete the following code:
    Code:
    <?php
      if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1)) {
        if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerOne" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
        }
      }
    ?>
    2. Open your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php and paste the code from above (the one you deleted) to a position where you want your banner to show up.

3. go to "Admin -> Configuration -> Layout Settings -> Banner Display Groups - Header Position 1" and set that to ProductPage

4. go to "Admin -> Banner Manager" and add a new banner. In the Banner Group field, manually type ProductPage

And that's it, your banner will now show on all product pages. You can add multiple banners to the same group and display a random banner each time.
    This is a great how-to but I would like to have the banner on product listing page only and not on the product info page.

So basically, once you click on a category, the product listing is display which is where I would like the banner to be displayed

Which file should i insert the code into instead of tpl_product_info_display.php??

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast