Plugin Contributions

Default problems switching to different authorize.net account

Hello,
    I setup Zen Cart with our authorize.net account some time ago which was somewhat difficult for me to customize everything and tweak things to get it to the way we wanted. Eventually we did get everything working fine.

The problem is, we now need to switch to a new authorize.net account since the original one was created by a third-party merchant who authorize.net says has the ability to close the account at any time. Obviously we don't want that.

So we created our own authorize.net account and were told all we needed to do is replace 3 sets of numbers on our shopping cart and everything should be working the same as it was (the 3 things are the MD5 Hash #, API Login ID and the Transaction Key). This made sense as well since all the other settings should remain the same.

I then went into the Zen Cart login, then to Modules / Payment / then edited the Authorize.net (SIM) section to update the fields for the 3 sets of #'s.

I would have thought this was all that needed to be done but after this happened, several things started acting funny.

Example problems:

- customer would see an error message about cc not going through, though it appears it actually did go through when I view authorize.net's unsettled transactions

- customer no longer receives the Zen Cart generated email receipt that shows what item was purchased

- we as merchant no longer receive the Zen Cart-generated email receipt that shows what item was purchased

I then switched those 3 sets of numbers back to the old authorize.net account and everything worked normally, the 3 issues above then disappeared.

I did also go to the settings section of both authorize.net accounts and made sure they were identical. It appears something's out of whack but I can't tell what or where to look. What am I missing here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by moyster; 17 Apr 2012 at 01:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Switching to new authorize.net account causes problems

You are correct that the only things you need to set in Zen Cart are the numbers you mentioned.

All your other problems will be related to settings that are different between the two accounts. There may be settings that you don't have control over, and you'll need to talk to your authnet account rep to help you double-check everything.

Ref: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=403

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte for the response.

I did go ahead and double-check the settings between both my old and new authorize.net accounts and went through every option and sub-menu to make sure they were identical and they are.

I'm still experiencing the same 3 errors as mentioned earlier.

I did also do a Live Chat with authorize.net and they don't provide support for third-party shopping carts, which was pretty much the answer I was expecting from them.

Because when I switch back to the old MD5 hash #, trans. key and API login ID in the Zen Cart admin section (Modules/Payment/Authorize.net (SIM)), everything works perfect, I suspect that there is another area where I'm supposed to update these numbers as well.

I really can't recall where they might be since I originally set this up some time ago and I do recall tinkering with many files in a bunch of directories.

Is there anywhere else I need to update in the PHP files somewhere perhaps? That's the only thing I can think of now, but I don't know in which files I need to look. Or do I need to do something with the MySQL database perhaps?

Something's amiss but I can't seem to figure out what?

Plugin Contributions

Figured it out!

Looks like the problem was that the MD5 hash number was longer than 20 characters. Zen Cart did allow me to enter a longer string of characters, which is why I didn't catch this faster.

I then later noticed the 20 character max message and then counted out my string of characters and noticed it was only a couple characters over.

I then changed my MD5 hash number to under 20 characters and updated and now everything looks good!

So just thought I'd share this with everyone in the hopes this helps someone else!

Thanks DrByte for the reply as well!