Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Where-to-Buy Add-On

My first contribution has just been made available, download page here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1105

What it does: allows store owners who sell their items at retail locations to enter the retail location address via the admin panel. Stores are displayed on the web site grouped by state in a table format.

I will try to answer all support questions through this forum, but other commitments take up a large portion of my time, so please be patient.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where-to-Buy Add-On

Thank you for your contribution, it is something that I am wanting to give back to my loyal customers who support me, buying custom products for their own stores.

The problem that I am having is I got into a bad configuration, somewhere, after installing several others contribs, inclusive of yours. I scratched the website and started from scratch, reloading all, backing up after each contrib was working as it said it was supossed to. Your's wasn't definitely not the culprit. Yours was a nice, straight forward load.

BUT, in reloading yours, 6th in the new series, I noticed that the end result, the "Where to Buy Sheet", is now displaying 4 copies of the 3 customers that were in the old database ? I looked at the database, and it is only showing the one new customer that I had reentered since the reinstall, but when I look at the sheet, it shows the previous 3 customers, 4 times each ?

I can't figure out how to 'flush the error', especially since then is a brand new reload of ZenCart, but not, of the MySQL database. Any clues from you, or input from your co-contributor DrByte would be greatly appreciated ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where to Buy Add-On

I thought you might want a visual of the previous post, showing the replication of 3 customer accounts, in the system ? I am willing to strip out the database, but when I view it, I am only seeing, original one, now the three that I have total, in there ? Any suggestions or ideas, as this is a scratch reload, unfortunately without the MySQL being reloaded as a scratch rebuild ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where-to-Buy Add-On - Customer Replication

For what-ever-reason, I decided to totally stripped the install of all files including deleting the database tables, manually ( quite a few files I might add ), backed up the ZC Install, then reinstalled the contrib from scratch.

So far, as of this posting, I am back to single listings of each added Store.

Upgrade suggestion.. add a feature that allows the Admin to check a box inside of the Customer file, to automatically add the Customer to the 'Where to Buy' listing ? The info is there, why enter it twice ? It would be just as easy to remove the Customer if they close, become a not-so-shining-star representitive of your/my products, or by customer complaints from QoS ( Quality of Service ), etc ? Just a good thought ?

Thanks again for the great contrib. I can many of my Customers liking their name in Lights and it might draw in a few more wholesale customers to boot ?

Plugin Contributions

I just installed this on a test site and get a blank page when I click on the ez-page that is supposed to bring up the store locations.

The debug utility refers to unexpected '}' on line 33, then 31, then 30 - and just keeps going in the my_template/templates/tpl_stores file.

Has anyone installed this successfully?
    Can you post the "correct" contents of this file for me?

Tina

Plugin Contributions

I also got a blank page when i first installed. I re-installed each file one by one and the page populated itself after that.

My problem is that I now get two entries for each store I enter. There are not duplicate entries in my database. Any ideas? In the meantime I am going to try to re-install for the 3rd time, but if anyone knows what is causing this, it might save me some time.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

There is a bug when you enter the state as lowercase vs uppercase they would show as 2 different states. I changed line 23 of stores.php to this:

Code:
    $stores_state = strtoupper(zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['stores_state']));
    Now if you enter and case for your state, they will only create 1 state. Let me know if this is the correct way to do this.
    I also changed the output to Divs instead of tables. There are problems when it outputs tables not closing and such.

Plugin Contributions

is there anyone that knows how to add a drop down menu with the areas and show the people of that area only. or add search by post code and will show a nearby shop only......i hope i'm clear :-(.

Plugin Contributions

A new verison of this module has been uploaded.

V2 corrects the issues noted in this post and also includes the ability to add stores located in Canada (in addition to the US)

If other countries are wanted/needed please PM me with your requests.

Special thanks to bunyip for his code corrections!!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Newest version is now available here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1105

Tina

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast