Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default HELP.. killed my phpmyadmin when trying to reset password.. now nothing works

Zen Cart 1.5.0 running on Windows/Linux with MySQL version 5.0

My website has been up and running for a couple years now with very few problems.

Well I got a sale on it the other day and payment came through fine (PayPal) but never got email regarding it. So I went to login on admin and forgot password. Clicked on resend button and nothing came through email. Searched Zen Cart website tried to follow the phpmyadmin directions and messed something up.

Now the public site is not working and the admin login screen is not work and my blog is not working either. I thought I backuped the dang thing but apparently I didn't.

Any suggestions? the only thing I tried to changed as the phpmyadmin.

thanks
    carol

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP.. killed my phpmyadmin when trying to reset password.. now nothing works

Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP.. killed my phpmyadmin when trying to reset password.. now nothing works

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    look at this please ..
    Afternoon,

Yes I tired those directions and after a few tries I finally got it right. The message was that it was sucessful BUT now when I try to anyting on my domain NOTHING works.. well except for the index.html.

That page has two links on it; one for the blog and the other for the store. If no choice is made it is set to time out and take guest to the store.

When it goes to the store it comes up with the Zen-Cart error page that states, Sorry! There seems to be a problem connecting to our database. Please give us a few minutes to remedy the problem. Thank you.

When I try to go to the blog it comes up with the HTTP 500 IE error screen.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    carol

Plugin Contributions

okay.. so I tried it again.. this is what i'm getting.. which i think was what happened the other day when i tried to change it..

DELETE FROM zen_admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin';# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

INSERT INTO zen_admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level)
    VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);# Affected rows: 1

suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Affected rows: 1
    That is the expected response to the SQL statement you ran. Nothing wrong there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That is the expected response to the SQL statement you ran. Nothing wrong there.
    Okay.. it said it ran sucessfully.. but my site is gone still.

need suggestions on how to get everything back without having to reinstall and redo all my products..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thecounsil View Post
    When it goes to the store it comes up with the Zen-Cart error page that states, Sorry! There seems to be a problem connecting to our database. Please give us a few minutes to remedy the problem. Thank you.
    That means that when Zen Cart is trying to use the database credentials in your two configure.php files to login to the database, it was refused or the connection failed.
    Talk to your hosting company to fix database problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecounsil View Post
    When I try to go to the blog it comes up with the HTTP 500 IE error screen.
    Zen Cart doesn't have a blog. Your 500 errors will need to be fixed in consultation with your hosting company.

Your hosting company has access to server logs which explain the exact details of "500" errors. The details are never shown to the browser, for security reasons.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hosting is telling me that there is no backup. I thought I had run the backup before changing but I guess I didn't. So they can't "fix" it.. oh but they will have someone work on it for $150 or something like that. The guy told me sounds like there is a string that go changed that just needs to get changed back.

I wondered about the admin_profile and the admin_level. Could I have chaged one the wrong way and that cause the difference? as for the blog I'm not sure why that doesn't work. I think there was a database on that because of the wordpress. But not entirely sure.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you changed the password on your MySQL database, and need to tell all your other software what that new password is.

That's not a Zen Cart application issue. Your hosting company will have to help you with the process of changing your database password. That is NOT the same as the "admin password reset" that you were doing in your previous post.

Plugin Contributions

now i'm totally confused.. what other software?

thanks for any help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast