Plugin Contributions

Default Is there an image handler that can resize and crop automatically?

I've been looking around for this and I haven't found anything. Maybe you guys can help! :)

I would like to be able to add an image to a product and have the system resize it and cut it to a square. Ideally, I would like all the images to be perfectly square, the same size, and optimized properly. Unfortunately, the people administering the site won't have access to Photoshop, nor would the have the time to crop and edit the thousands of images they'll have to upload. Is there a program, plugin, or something that can do this?

Also... not a big deal, but is there also a good application that would add the ability to upload multiple images for a product to the interface? I know I can do it through FTP, but again, this is for the administrators. :)

I imagine it won't be hard to build one if this does not exist.

Thanks,
    BP

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there an image handler that can resize and crop automatically?

You can check out this plugin: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1380

This will automatically re-size images. I really don't think an automatic crop would work, unless it did an auto center crop, but then stuff would get cut off.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there an image handler that can resize and crop automatically?

Ok, thanks! I installed it. Let's see what happens. :)