PLEASE, do not move this post. My other post about this got taken down a dead end. Moving it only buries it deeper.

I have followed ALL of the tutorials and forum post on this site and others but I believe that the ability to edit the order.php file with additional features is simply broken in Zen-Cart v1.5

No matter what variable(s) I add to the order.php file nothing ever changes in my emails (plain text or html). It's like this feature is being ignored somewhere.

I have tried the following on two completely separate installs of Zencart v1.5 with two separate hosting companies. The second being a completely fresh install with no mods, additional templates, plug-ins, etc.

I have replaced line 895 in order.php from this:

$this->products_ordered_attributes .= $custom_insertable_text;

to this:
$this->products_ordered_attributes .= $EMAIL_INTRO;

and even tried this:
$this->products_ordered_attributes .= $custom_insertable_text;$EMAIL_INTRO;

AND tried MANY other variables found here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...te-system-work
I even defined some of my own in email_extras.php NOTHING ever shows up on the email!

I have tried the following:
Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails to: True and False
Email types of: PHP, SMTPAUTH (SMTP is also not working but that's another post)
Set Admin emails to TEXT and HTML

NOTHING works as described in the tutorials or forums.

Can one of the devs PLEASE simply confirm or deny that it is broken? If it's me OK, I'll keep digging (hopefully with some more hints on what to try next) but if it's broken at least I can let my client know.

Thank you!