Plugin Contributions

Default Products activate and deactivate during the night

I took over the site in 2011 and know we are using an ancient version, It needs to be upgraded but we are going into summer peak until Oct and now is not a good time. These weird changes started about 4 weeks ago. At first it was only once then a week later it happened again. Now it is 3 or 4 times a week. OK this is what happens: In the Catalog under Categories/products on a product page we have 10 categories. Under one of those we have 13 sub categories ie (Adult is top and Dresses, shorts, Tanks etc are subs). Under the subs we have anywhere from 1 to 5 pages of individual products. We check the site at 8:00 at night and everything is ok. At 5:00 in the morning various pages of of the products have been flipped. What happens is that under dresses(for example) we have 4 pages, page 3 will have all the previously activated items deactivated and all the deactivated items will be activated. Sometimes it is only one page sometimes more. This morning we had 9 pages flipped in 3 different sub categories. It always effects an entire page of 10 products but never an entire category. I've searched the Zen cart sites as well as the internet in general and haven't found anything similar to this problem.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not even sure where to look. I thought maybe I could write a query that would notify us when a product is deactivated. I could run this each morning rather than going through the entire site page by page. I've been able to find a "last modified" in one of the product tables but I haven't found the specific code to look for to identify activate / deactivate.
    I sure hope someone can help us out just to get through the summer and that upgrading will resolve the issue.
    Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products activate and deactivate during the night

Only thing I can think of is that your (very old and insecure) version has been hacked, and the hacker is messing with you. If you really can't upgrade now, keep a close eye on the configuration items in your payment processor, to make sure you are the one receiving payments.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, there's nothing in Zen Cart code that could cause what you are experiencing.

Plugin Contributions

Rename/Delete your admin folder for one day and see if it continues.