Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping PLUS walkin....

Always Free Shipping is designed to make Products Free Shipping freeshipper when only Always Free Shipping products are in the cart and to turn off all other shipping modules ...

If ALL Products are Always Free Shipping, then why would you want the other shipping modules or need the Free Shipping Options freeoptions for orders of $50.00 ...

Doesn't mean your needs are wrong, just need to know why you are trying to use Always Free Shipping on ALL Products and have other shipping modules show ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi again Linda and thank you for your patience.
    Basically I want to offer free shipping ONLY to orders that are over 50 but I still want the Walkin option enabled on these orders.
    All orders less than 50 shuld only have Walkin enabled.
    Am I explaining it right?

Plugin Contributions

Its me again....
    ok, now I managed to get it working in such a way that orders below 50 have only Walkin showing and orders over 50 get free shipping showing.
    Now the only thing I need to do is get walkin ALSO showing on the orders that are above 50.

Is this so hard to do

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,
    I was reading your reply to this:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ted-by-default
    You listed the file that would need changing for what this person is trying to achieve, I would like to do that to.
    Can you tell me how to change this file to achieve this please?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

May I ask another question please. I have managed to replace the word "Shipping" from everywhere (I think) but i cannot find this anywhere. I even tried Firebug in Firefox but no luck.

I also tried to search using the deveopers kit in admin.
    any idea where this one is?

Thanks
    Last edited by chunkyman; 22 Apr 2012 at 08:18 AM. Reason: wrong pic uploaded :(

Plugin Contributions

Sorry...forgot to upload the image:

Name:  shippingtext.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  33.0 KB

Plugin Contributions

Earlier I asked you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Always Free Shipping is designed to make Products Free Shipping freeshipper when only Always Free Shipping products are in the cart and to turn off all other shipping modules ...

If ALL Products are Always Free Shipping, then why would you want the other shipping modules or need the Free Shipping Options freeoptions for orders of $50.00 ...

Doesn't mean your needs are wrong, just need to know why you are trying to use Always Free Shipping on ALL Products and have other shipping modules show ...
    Could you explain why all of your Products are marked Always Free Shipping if you really do not want the Orders to be Always Free Shipping?

You show that you have several Shipping Modules showing ... which ones do you really want to work when the Order is less than $50.00?

When the Orders are $50.00 or more ... it sounds like you want Store Pickup *and* a Free Shipping Option to show ... is this correct?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi again...ok I will try to explain:
    1) I only need Free shipping and Pickup in Zen cart
    2) If the order is over 50 then free shipping and pickup are TRUE
    3) If order is less than 50 than ONLY Pickup is available.
    Does that make sense to you?

Thanks again

P.S
    I left the shipping/orders part in Zen as per default..so you mean I have to turn the ones I do nt need off? but which ones please?

Plugin Contributions

You are making this way too complicated ...

You need no code changes to do this, you just need to install the correct shipping modules and have the correct settings on your Products ...

You do not need to mark all Products as Always Free Shipping ... This is causing issues ...

Always Free Shipping is designed to make FREE SHIPPING freeshipper the only shipping that shows ...

If your Products were NOT marked as Always Free Shipping, then you would just install the two shipping modules:
    Free Shipping Options freeoptions with the Total set to >= 0.00
    Store Pick Up

And now, Store Pick Up would ALWAYS show and the Free Shipping Option freeoptions would only show on orders >= 50.00 ...

All other shipping modules should be removed by clicking on them and clicking REMOVE so that they are not installed ...

To change your Products from Always Free Shipping YES to Always Free Shipping NO you can run the SQL command in the Tools ... Install SQL Patches for:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET product_is_always_free_shipping=0;
    Before doing these changes, it is always a good idea to backup your database first ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I think I must have something wrong somewhere.
    I ran the SQL patch and all items are now Always Free Shipping NO.
    I removed all shipping modules and left only Free Shipping Options freeoptions (which i set to 50.00 not 0.00 correct?) and also kept Store Pick Up.
    In order totals I removed all of them except ot_total (even though I tried, this wont go away)
    Tried the cart again and all I am getting is walkin available on any amount I enter.
    My age must be getting the better of me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast