Plugin Contributions

Default orders sometimes not showing up in admin panel

I did not have this problem for a long time and in last 2 weeks 3 instances.
    PayPal payment is coming, but "0" orders under customer info in Admin.
    I have to e-mail customers to ask what did they order.
    I did not change anything on Zen Cart part.

It looks like a random event.

How to check that IPN is on in Paypal?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

We know, we behind in update, but can this be the main issue, system works in 95%?

Thank you for your time in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: orders sometimes not showing up in admin panel

Several problems:

a) you are using old code, and really need to upgrade SOON -- you have serious security vulnerabilities on your site
    b) you are using "PayPal IPN" which is dependent on firewall perfect configuration, instead of using the more reliable and contemporary Express Checkout method.
    c) on April 19 PayPal changed their datacenter address, and notified all merchants including you about those changes, and since you're using IPN as the biggest weak link between your site and PayPal, it is very likely that your hosting company has firewall configuration requirements which must be updated to work with PayPal's server changes.

PayPal sent you several emails, for the past 4 months, which you need to forward to your hosting company so they can update their firewall to allow interaction with PayPal's servers new IP addresses. This is not a Zen Cart issue.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

A friend is having somewhat a similar problem. Her site was designed last year and was working great until she transfer hosting from godaddy to siteground.com. Customers can process their orders but it's just not showing up under new orders and new customer in ZenCart but she do get a confirmation email. I'm a web design but never used Zencart so I don't know where to start, so please bear with me.
    My question is how critical is this issue? Is there some settings in the Admin control panel that can resolve this issue or some module that need to be installed to correct the problem.
    Could it be that some files where corrupted during the hosting changes, given that it was working properly prior.
    Would appreciate any help and please keep it simple with your answer, I really don't know anything about Zencart

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Please see DrByte's answer above. If your friend is using a version of Zencart older than 1.3.9h, or is using Paypal IPN (Standard), she will have problems. Not receiving the order details is what I would consider a 'critical' issue. Since the problem involves communication between Paypal and the hosting server, it isn't surprising that the problems started after a hosting change.

The answer(s) are to upgrade to Zencart 1.3.9h or 1.5.0, and use Paypal Express rather than IPN. There is no, repeat no, reason to use Paypal Standard (IPN) anymore, at least in the US.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Steve, I just got access to the admin control panel, she is using version 1.3.9h which I want to upgrade to 1.5.0 but am a bit hesitant as newer version always have bugs. Please advise.
    Looking at the Payment Modules, this is what I see:

Authorize.net (SIM) authorizenet
    Authorize.net (AIM) authorizenet_aim
    Authorize.net - eCheck authorizenet_echeck
    Cash on Delivery cod
    The Zen Cart FREE CHARGE CARD freecharger
    FirstData/Linkpoint/YourPay API linkpoint_api
    Check/Money Order moneyorder
    PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN PayPal
    PayPal Website Payments Pro PayPal
    PayPal Express Checkout PayPal

I think Paypal IPN is not installed cuz when I click on "Action" there an option to install it but no remove option.
    PayPal Express Checkout on the other end has both "Remove & Edit" so we're good here.
    What would you recommend?
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Bladesoul,

THIS forum thread is about a problem happening on v1.3.7.1, and is about orders *sometimes* not showing up. Your problem is different, in several ways.

You have already started another thread. Instead of posting the same thing in multiple places and also hijacking this one, please continue your discussion in your other thread which is specific to the problem you're having.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.