Thread: v1.3.9h/v1.3.9d

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default v1.3.9h/v1.3.9d

I was searching for a new plug-in and after locating the plug-in and installing it I just happened to see "Zen Cart v1.3.9h/v1.3.9d" at the bottom of the admin page. I'm currently us v1.3.9h without issue.

My question is should it say "Zen Cart v1.3.9h/v1.3.9d" since I am using 1.3.9h? I'm hoping this doesn't mean I have done something wrong.

I also just saw that 1.5 is available and the notifier in the top right hand corner didn't notify me. Even after clicking "Check for Updates".

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart v1.3.9h/v1.3.9d

Quote Originally Posted by gbengoose View Post
    My question is should it say "Zen Cart v1.3.9h/v1.3.9d" since I am using 1.3.9h? I'm hoping this doesn't mean I have done something wrong.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the 1st of those is the zencart version of the php files (zencart itself), the second is the version that the database thinks you are using. In other words your database wasn't correctly updated when you last upgraded.

You can verify this by clicking on the 'version' link from the admin of your store.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I'm on the homepage of the admin site and I don't see "version" link. Do you mean "Check For Updates" in the top right corner?

Also, if I didn't update the database correctly, what do I need to do to correct it?

Plugin Contributions

I'm on the homepage of the admin site and I don't see "version" link. Do you mean "Check For Updates" in the top right corner?
    The check for updates is a button, not a link. The link I'm referring to is just below that. Theye are others alongside it. It should look like
    Admin Home | Online Catalog | Support Site | Version | Logoff
    Also, if I didn't update the database correctly, what do I need to do to correct it?
    The upgrade scripts can be found in /zc_install/sql

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hello RodG. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've located the Version link and also the /zcinstal/sql file.

I've done something horribly wrong. I downloaded the mysql_zencart.sql to my desktop and then went to Install SQL Patches in the tools menu of the Admin site. I uploaded the mysql_zencart.sql and now my website is gone. International Entertainment Store dot com is now showing the default ZenCart home page. What did I do? What can I do? My wife is going to kick my ######.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    In other words your database wasn't correctly updated when you last upgraded.
    Not correct.

There were no database changes between v1.3.9a thru v1.3.9h.
    Thus there is no need to run any special scripts. If there were, an upgrade option would have been offered.

Unless I'm mistaken, the 1st of those is the zencart version of the php files (zencart itself),
    Correct
    the second is the version that the database thinks you are using.
    Almost correct.
    It's the version of Zen Cart initially used to do the last database-upgrade. So, if it says v1.3.9d, then when they upgraded to v1.3.9 they were upgrading to v1.3.9d at that time. If they've subsequently upgraded their PHP files to v1.3.9h there will still be no change to the database version, since there was no such need.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've done something horribly wrong.
    Yes, you have.
    It's a good thing you made a good database-backup before destroying it, right?

I downloaded the mysql_zencart.sql to my desktop and then went to Install SQL Patches in the tools menu of the Admin site. I uploaded the mysql_zencart.sql and now my website is gone.
    There's a reason why the .sql file contains SPECIFIC warnings in the top of the file to tell you to NOT do that, and also the Install SQL Patch tool shows similar warnings for the same reason.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks doc. Corrections noted for future reference.

BTW, did you note the date difference between when this thread was started, and the latest post? I'd totally forgotten about this one.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, I do have my backup files. Do i just replace the current files on my ftp with the backup files?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I was referring to a backup of your database, not of your PHP files.
    It's the database, not the PHP files, that you destroyed by running the .sql script.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast