Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
I think that Dgent and I are on the same page on one thing: that from the customer's viewpoint, looks are almost everything. Whether consciously or subconsciously.
I don't have an issue with this concept.. However if the DIY shopowner and their learning curve/ability to create good looking templates is the CHIEF reason to go with a packaged template, then the template should AT LEAST use proper methodologies to create the template. The template certainly should not employ slash and burn coding methods to force the look by modifying code and removing core functions. Layout settings that are normally controlled in the admin are routinely removed from Template Montrosity templates.

It certainly isn't the shopowners fault that Template Montrosity decided to say hard code in the add-to-cart buttons on the featured products page so now when the store is setup as a catalog store, the "Call for Price" buttons do not appear as they should. This isn't something the shopowner broke, it's something Template Montrosity broke because their templates use lazy coding practices so they can spin these templates up and out the door..