Plugin Contributions

Default Hide prices until attribute is selected

I am running ZC v.1.3.9h and have products priced by attributes plus I have Dynamic Price Updater installed. I posted here because I think there could be an easy setting for my issue but I am not sure.

Is it possible to hide the base price until someone selects the attribute? If and only if there is a price by attribute? I played around with turning off prices under configuration but they still showed. I don't know if this is a configuration issue, price by attributes issue, or dynamic price updater issue. I am sorry if this was mentioned I scanned the dynamic price updater post and searched the forum and did not see an answer perhaps I missed it.

The reason I only want to hide prices until someone selects an attribute that has the price attached is because I have regular products like gift certificates, etc that do not have products prices by attributes. For these items I would like the prices to show.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hide prices until attribute is selected

Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Just bumping your post is not enough
    From the number of views - you probably need to expand upon what it is that you seek
    When you select "reply" scroll up and read "Posting Tips" and supply this information
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

OK. Thank you for pointing out what I should know, by now but did not . My mistake.

I am using:

Zen Cart v1.3.9h (yes I know I need to upgrade soon).
    Flexible Attributes 1.0
    Dynamic Price Updater v2.01

We sell picture frames and have many attributes based upon price and shipping weight. The base price of each picture frame is cost per inch. So the frames look like they cost: up to $2.00 until you change the attribute drop-down for the width and height which then add all the additional costs.

Since we don't want our products to look like they cost a few cents to a dollar in most cases, and I know it's very difficult and custom to have the base price show the lowest priced based upon 2 drop down attributes (width and height), I felt it would be easy to hide the base price until they select an attribute (since the pricing is based upon these drop-down attributes).

Here is an example: http://www.framesforlife.com/custom-..._11/blk01-p-32

As you can see the base pricing showing is not valid for our products. We don't want to tell people this is per inch, because waste has to be accounted for and we have a few other costs included. It would be ideal if we could show the "starting at" price of the 4" width X 4" height as the base price but I understand we cannot do attributes based upon other attributes. So our thinking was: Hide the pricing until someone selects and attribute.

Plugin Contributions

If you set the visibility of the price div to hidden as default as the page loads, there must be a way to make the script that runs the price updater make it visible again.

Or even make the original price text white, and it goes to dark once updated.

Plugin Contributions

If anyone is interested in giving a quote, to see if this can be done via custom work, I can provide access. I will require a few things (details) first like: experience, references, and hourly rate. And I would like a quote before the work is done. Please PM me if interested and I can discuss further.