Thread: Checkout Error

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout Error

where do I start to narrow down to which of those issues it could be?

Plugin Contributions

This is the error URL that appears in the address bar on the white screen:
    'https://www.bow-shop.com/secure/store/index.php?main_page=checkout_payment&error_message=%20-%20Your+card+has+been+declined.++Please+re-enter+in+your+card+information%2C+try+another+card%2C+or+contact+the+store+owner +for+assistance.&zenid='
    Last edited by DrByte; 27 Apr 2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: zenid removed -- NEVER POST the zenid part of any URL, anywhere

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Not entirely sure. Might be using a module that's not built for v1.5.0 or even 1.3.9.
    If the module is one that sends customers offsite for payment, then you probably need to talk to the gateway company.
    If the module collects payment details directly on your site, then you probably need to rewrite the business logic in the before_process() method of the payment module class, ie the code in the includes/modules/payment/psigate.php (or whatever the file's name is)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yup, that's definitely an outdated payment module. Designed for pre-1.3.8.

You'll need to rewrite the logic that puts the error into the &error_message parameter to put it into the $messageStack instead.
    Long error messages like that will automatically trigger a blank page because long parameters are commonly abused by attackers.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I know the module is built for 1.3.9 because I used it in my past shopping cart. Zen-Cart used to be listed as an eCommerce partner with PsiGate but I see it no longer is. So could very well be that it is acting a little different with the new v1.5.0

PsiGate was an included payment module with 1.3.9h, which I used before and why I signed up with them to begin with.

But I have a place to start and see what I can learn, which is what I am looking for

thank you
    Last edited by mike_m29; 27 Apr 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: addition

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yup, that's definitely an outdated payment module. Designed for pre-1.3.8.

You'll need to rewrite the logic that puts the error into the &error_message parameter to put it into the $messageStack instead.
    Long error messages like that will automatically trigger a blank page because long parameters are commonly abused by attackers.
    I see you have responded to something like this in the past, can I assume that this is the same situation as the following thread?

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-How-To-Create

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's the concept.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123