Thread: Checkout Error

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout Error

My apologies, this was the thread I had posted earlier

---------------------------
    index.php won't load after changing template
    Hi Everyone

I switched back to the Classic Template to double check on a page that was not loading.

After I did this, I went to try a checkout in the Classic Template to find that my site will no longer load. I get the following error

Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.bow-shop.com/secure/store/index.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

The same goes for the admin area, I cannot login to it either to switch back, I get the following error:

Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving https://www.bow-shop.com/secure/stor...9d0b043d41bfdb. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Any help in how to get this fixed and back to working again would be greatly appreciated.
    --------------------------------------

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mike_m29 View Post
    I am using the Canada Post Shipping Module
    So is this really the same issue as the other thread you just started? http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...or-Canada-Post

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Assuming that your vague description of "I couldn't access" actually means "I got blank pages when trying to access", that's a very clear indication of having PHP errors which cause blank pages. Troubleshooting advice for that can be found at: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    I have been reading through that page, and have been using the Debug logs...I have solved a couple syntax errors, but this is the latest log entry since I solved the others on. The above error log only appeared after I fixed two others.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Oy oy oy oy oy

You're making me dizzy by copying and pasting complete other posts/discussions into other new discussions. If there's something that needs its own thread, start a thread for that. But if you're already talking about the same thing somewhere else, don't create another discussion for a topic you've already started a discussion on. And for goodness sake, don't copy stuff from the other threads into new threads. If it's worth creating a cross-reference, copy the URL so we can see the entire other discussion instead of just a paragraph that could be completely out of context.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I have been reading through that page, and have been using the Debug logs...I have solved a couple syntax errors, but this is the latest log entry since I solved the others on. The above error log only appeared after I fixed two others.
    Okay ... then that begs an answer to a very important question: did the thing you changed to "solve" the other problem actually cause the new one?

Plugin Contributions

Oy oy oy oy oy

You're making me dizzy by copying and pasting complete other posts/discussions into other new discussions. If there's something that needs its own thread, start a thread for that. But if you're already talking about the same thing somewhere else, don't create another discussion for a topic you've already started a discussion on. And for goodness sake, don't copy stuff from the other threads into new threads. If it's worth creating a cross-reference, copy the URL so we can see the entire other discussion instead of just a paragraph that could be completely out of context.
    Again I am sorry...at times I am unsure what is related to each other. Problem is I don't know if I my problems are related to each other or if they are different issues. For someone with only a beginning knowledge of PHP it is sometimes hard to figure that out.

My problem is that after checking out, when the card is declined I get a white screen with a URL that says the "card was declined" and when approved instead of the proper "checkout_success" page being loaded I get a white screen with an error ""Warning: an error occurred, please refresh the page and try again" but the transaction is approved and the order emails are properly sent. If I refresh the page as the warning says, it duplicates the sale.

I don't know if this is a shipping module, payment module or a base file problem. Been trying to figure that out from the start

sorry I have been posting multiple threads, just hoping I can get an answer from someone that will solve my problem. I am just not sure where or what to look at, at this point.

Plugin Contributions

Okay ... then that begs an answer to a very important question: did the thing you changed to "solve" the other problem actually cause the new one?
    the solution was completely syntax, at some point a ( ' ) had been removed, so I replaced it that was the only issue, at least on the debug logs I had first received

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

My problem is that after checking out, when the card is declined I get a white screen with a URL that says the "card was declined" and when approved instead of the proper "checkout_success" page being loaded I get a white screen with an error ""Warning: an error occurred, please refresh the page and try again" but the transaction is approved and the order emails are properly sent. If I refresh the page as the warning says, it duplicates the sale.

I don't know if this is a shipping module, payment module or a base file problem.
    I look at it this way: a payment-related issue such as "card declined" would be caused by a problem in either the payment module or (less likely) the core code that handles payments. If you've not customized the core code that handles checkout (and there's rarely any good reason to do so) then I would focus on the payment module.

In the case of "approved" but a blank screen, what is the URL in your address bar? You said you don't get your expected "checkout_success" ... so, what *do* you get?

Which payment module is involved, anyway? I think I asked that earlier.

I don't see this being related to shipping unless you've got something in your shipping module code that's intended to fire after payment is completed, which is highly unlikely.

Plugin Contributions

I think my issue with getting a white screen for "approved" transactions has been solved, I re-uploaded all the PSIGate files (for the 3rd time) and tried again and this time the proper checkout_success page came up as it should. I need to do more testing to ensure I am not getting anymore errors. But at least the proper response page returned this time.

As for "declined" transactions, I still get just a white screen with just a URL in the address bar that indicates it was declined. Is there a way to get a proper response page?

Again I apologize for all the jumping around, as I said, I am still learning and kind of jumping in head first.

I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me out

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That blank page is either something that's happening by PSIGate, or by the module (either bad error handling which aborts everything else, instead of returning a nice error message .... or or a PHP error that's causing the script to abort).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast