Plugin Contributions

Default Skipjack Payment Module

I recently rehashed the old Skipjack payment module and got that working with the current Zen Cart version. I have tested it and am using it in a live shop on Zen Cart 1.3.9. All instructions and files are including.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: in the instructions it discusses setting up your response files at Skipjack. If you have an ssl installed on your site (which you should), ensure that you use "https" to begin all of response file urls. The included instructions incorrectly list "http" as oppose to "https". If you do not use https, your site with throw a security warning on checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Skipjack Payment Module

@Valley -- Preface: New to Skipjack, been with ZC for about a year. Novice at most things.

I tried to follow your directions to implement the SJ module on 1.3.9h. All works out, except when I tried a live payment (my own CC for fun) it took me to a payment approved site through skipjack, but never redirected to ZC, even though I clearly put the payment_process url in each of the 4 preference fields referenced in the install instructions. The order was never processed and cleared out, and I'm not even sure the payment went through -- I never got a confirmation.

Any ideas on why it wouldn't have redirected to the checkout_process? We would LOVE to have the SJ module to replace a previous paypal website payments pro, which will be ending at month's end.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Jason

EDIT 1: FYI I don't have a developers SJ account at the moment, for which I would have to apply to enable for testing...I was just hoping it would all work the first time!

Plugin Contributions

EDIT 2: Oops, I'm stupid...I forgot to change "Mydomain" to my domain in the url. The change, surprisingly however, still does not affect the processing of the module -- I am still directed to the SJ page at https://www.skipjackic.com/scripts/e....dll?Authorize. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

I would like to point out a few things I've learned in the past few days about using the Skipjack Payment Module Add-on. For us, it is not yet functional, presumably for the reasons I will point out.

We are new Skipjack customers who have been using Zen Cart 1.3.9h for the better part of the past year. It seems that Skipjack is a widely used payment gateway, but not necessarily for a lot of on-line businesses; obviously someone spent their time to create an add-on (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=2000) for Zen Cart, although there still seems to be a relatively low level of interest in it.

We switched to Skipjack because it is who Fifth Third Bank uses for their payment gateway, and we switched our Credit Card Processing to Vantiv (a part of 5/3) to obtain much lower fees than were available anywhere else we could find on-line. At first, it didn't appear that Zen Cart supported Skipjack, until I stumbled across the add-on mentioned above. I was THRILLED!

So installing the module is a piece of cake (only 2 files, both new and no overwrites or adds to existing ZC files). While the instructions are a bit cryptic, with enough common sense you find that the installation only required your HTML Serial Number. I'm still not sure what Geo-Trust Express Payments refers to (it's something you can set to True of False from Admin). Seems like from a cursory Google glance that it is some kind of partner program one might use if they were using Geo-Trust as a CC Payment Processor. Never the less, I don't think it applies in our case.

We set up the module, and I tried a live payment with my own CC, and we threw an error message. After 30 minutes of conversation and trouble shooting with the Skipjack Customer service (they are outstanding, by the way), It appears that the type of processor, whether "standard" or "advanced", is very important to how the process works. Our account was set up with an advanced processor, and we believe (no resolution to date) that this fact is the reason behind our error messages. We are currently having our account switched over to a standard processor to try and see if the module will work from there.

I mostly posted this just in case someone runs across this *before* they execute their CC processing agreement, so you can ask or ensure that your account is placed with the appropriate type of processor. I will post a reply upon success with the module and Skipjack CC payment module integration on our site.

Oh yeah, one other thing that seems weird to me: on the checkout payment page there is only a form field for first name, no last name field. Not sure what gives there either.

More to come...

Plugin Contributions

Hi All... adding a few notes based on the info here and a PM someone sent me.

@ jason. As far as the info above, I really have no idea about the difference between a "standard" or "advanced" type of processor. This could definitely be an issue but I really couldn't say with any authority as I don't know the difference between them or how they handle payments. I am still using the skipjack module in my own store and am having no problems with its functioning - so we may just have a "standard" processor. Would really be interested to hear if you ever got it worked out.

As for the language in the module, as mentioned above it says "First Name:" while the module actually wants the full name in this blank. The language file for the module has lines of code for "first name", "last name" and "owners name" but the module calls only the "first name" field and uses it to pass the the full name to the card processor. (definitely my bad on that one!)

Solution: go to line 29 of the language file (...includes/language/english/modules/payment/skipjack.php) and change this
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SKIPJACK_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER_FIRST_NAME', 'First Name:');
    to this
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SKIPJACK_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER_FIRST_NAME', 'Full Name:');
    and everything should work fine.

Another language issue that someone asked about was the language in the module that says "Visa or Mastercard". This appears on checkout to the customer and in the admin for the skipjack payment module. This can also be found in the language file on line 25. You can change "Visa or Mastercard" to whatever you are using or a generic "Credit Card" label. See below.
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SKIPJACK_TEXT_TITLE', 'Visa or Master Card<br />');
    change to
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SKIPJACK_TEXT_TITLE', 'whatever cards or label you want<br />');

Hope this info is useful!

Valerie

Plugin Contributions

Hey, thanks a lot for the reply. It's been a couple months since we got things working, and I'm glad you reminded me to report back.

The processor definitely was the issue for us. Unfortunatley, we weren't asked (and probably wouldn't have known to anyway) if we had a preference, but once our provider switched us (now we have two accounts! Boo...) everything worked seamlessly. Clearly the add-on is written for a standard processor. Skipjack's (http://www.skipjack.com) customer service was awesome too -- they took care of the problem from the moment we asked to be switched, probably thanks too to our local 5/3 Bank processing rep, Jerry Ice.

I changed a few things regarding the names...I kept it fairly simple and added a few fields to make it look correct, but your response about the way it submits is probably important if I wanted to revisit my "fix." It looks right on screen, but may not actually submit all of the information. It works never the less.

I also changed the define files and edited the checkout_process to make the card images we accent appear in conjunction with the revised wording.

I think if you want to see it you have to head to our web-site and do a mock purchase up to the point of seeing the checkout_payment option: http://www.tuxedoparkbrewers.com/. I certainly appreciate the add-on and if I had time I would try my hand at adding the features I talked about as well as maybe issue a clarification on the add-on page about the processing methods...maybe...you probably know how that goes.

Thanks again.

Jason