Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Having trouble with fonts

Hi everyone

I know that I shouldn't be altering the classic template but my actual website isn't ready so I am only practicing to get it right on a website I no longer use.

I promise I will use a custom template for my real site but for now will stick with changing the classic template as it is going OK so far.

What I want to do is the use my header font for my headings etc and I have tried to use the cufon system but it isn't working and I am not sure why so I need some help from you guys please.

I used the cufon system to generate the jscript and didn't tie the font to a domain because the domain I am using now won't be my actual domain.

I put the scripts into the includes/templates/classic/jscript folder and edited the html_header.php in the following way:-

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/classic/jscript/jscript_jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/classic/jscript/cufon-yui.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/classic/jscript/CAC_Champagne_400.font.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/classic/jscript/cufon-replace.js"></script>

I then put the edited html_header.php into the includes/templates/classic/common folder as per the instructions that I found about this.

This is what is in my cufon-replace.js which was copied from somebody else's on the forum as I don't really understand how to do this but they said it pretty much covered everything so this could be where I went wrong:-

<script type="text/javascript">
    Cufon.replace('h3.rightBoxHeading', {hover: true});
    Cufon.replace('h2.centerBoxHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#navTopContainer');
    Cufon.replace('li.navTopContainer');
    Cufon.replace('#navcontainer', {hover: true});
    Cufon.replace('.messageStackWarning');
    Cufon.replace('.messageStackError');
    Cufon.replace('.messageStackSuccess');
    Cufon.replace('.messageStackCaution');
    Cufon.replace('#cartDefaultHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#cartEmptyText');
    Cufon.replace('#createAcctDefaultHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#loginDefaultHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#gvFaqDefaultHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#discountcouponInfoHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#pageThreeHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#pageTwoHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#pageFourHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#advSearchDefaultHeading');
    Cufon.replace('h2.manufacturer');
    Cufon.replace('#productListHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#indexCategoriesHeading');
    Cufon.replace('h4.optionName');
    Cufon.replace('#ezPagesHeading');
    Cufon.replace('#attribsOptionsText');
    Cufon.replace('#checkoutSuccessHeading');
    </script>

What have I done wrong because it doesn't work?

http://gemstonecollectables.com/crystalitzy/

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Having trouble with fonts

Cufont can be a bit of a pain. Have you considered Google Web Fonts? One line of code added to your html_header file for each font you wan't to use, then you simply call them from your stylesheet as you would any normal font.

Big selection available too.

http://www.google.com/webfonts

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thanks for that suggestion and I have been and looked at all the fonts but I really wanted to use the font I used in my header so that they match throughout the site.

Can anyone else help with Cufon or give me an alternative way to use my font on my site please?

My new site has now been registered and I am using my own template so the url is:-
    www.crystalitzy.com/shop

Plugin Contributions

I have managed to get it work for two of the sideboxes though I have no idea how I did it so I still need help with what to put in the cufon_replace to get my font to show on all the sidebox headings.

In addition the font is way too small so can I change its size without changing the font size of everything else please?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Right, seeing as I am not getting any assistance here I am still trying to do this by myself and have managed to get my h1, h2 and h3 all working just fine with the cufon system but the sample text is also in my font but it is tiny and so cannot be read so can anyone tell me what I need to change to sort this out please?

I tried changing the font size from 62.5% but of course that increased the size of all the text and I am happy with the size of the rest of it so please can someone tell me how I can change the size of the sample text so that it doesn't affect the rest of the text?

Current cufon-replace file is:-
    Cufon.replace('h3, p');
    Cufon.replace('h2, p');
    Cufon.replace('h1, p');

I have been working on this for several days now by myself and I was really hoping that this would be the place to come to for help.

URL of site again is:-
    www.crystalitzy.com/shop

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Faeriescraps View Post
    Right, seeing as I am not getting any assistance here I am still trying to do this by myself and have managed to get my h1, h2 and h3 all working just fine with the cufon system but the sample text is also in my font but it is tiny and so cannot be read so can anyone tell me what I need to change to sort this out please?

I tried changing the font size from 62.5% but of course that increased the size of all the text and I am happy with the size of the rest of it so please can someone tell me how I can change the size of the sample text so that it doesn't affect the rest of the text?

Current cufon-replace file is:-
    Cufon.replace('h3, p');
    Cufon.replace('h2, p');
    Cufon.replace('h1, p');

I have been working on this for several days now by myself and I was really hoping that this would be the place to come to for help.

URL of site again is:-
    www.crystalitzy.com/shop
    Well, this is a Zencart forum, not a Cufon forum, so you may be better off using their forum for technical help on how to use their system.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if they can help me because what I want to know is how to edit the font size in Zen Cart for the sample text without increasing the size of the text everywhere else too which is what happened when I altered the stylesheet.css body from 62.5% to a larger size, it increased the size of everything.

My issue is not with cufon now as I have that working but I need to know what to change to increase the font size so I thought that would be a Zen Cart issue, am I wrong in thinking that?

Should I just start a new topic for this?

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if they can help me because what I want to know is how to edit the font size in Zen Cart for the sample text without increasing the size of the text everywhere else too which is what happened when I altered the stylesheet.css body from 62.5% to a larger size, it increased the size of everything.

My issue is not with cufon now as I have that working but I need to know what to change to increase the font size so I thought that would be a Zen Cart issue, am I wrong in thinking that?

Should I just start a new topic for this?
    This is just a CSS issue, nothing particular with Zencart. Ive never used the Cufon system, but just playing around with your style sheet in firebug, I can see its a messy system. Your H1 titles don't have a size set in the stylesheet, and if you actually make say h1 to 200px, the font doesnt actually get any bigger, it just gains large margins top and bottom.

Plugin Contributions

Oh dear.

What is firebug and will that help me to sort this mess out and understand it?

I really appreciate your help as you are the only one who has even tried to help me with this first with your suggestion to use the google web fonts and now telling me that my stylesheet is a mess.

Is that due to cufon or something else as I basically created my template from an old site I had running v1.39 which possibly had some mods but it was so long ago I don't really remember what I added to be honest?

I have been trying to do everything I want with experimentation and it seems I have failed miserably so can it be salvaged?

Plugin Contributions

Oh dear.

What is firebug and will that help me to sort this mess out and understand it?

I really appreciate your help as you are the only one who has even tried to help me with this first with your suggestion to use the google web fonts and now telling me that my stylesheet is a mess.

Is that due to cufon or something else as I basically created my template from an old site I had running v1.39 which possibly had some mods but it was so long ago I don't really remember what I added to be honest?

I have been trying to do everything I want with experimentation and it seems I have failed miserably so can it be salvaged?
    Its not a mess, its just the way cufon works. Its not like just using a font, its like it places images of letters over the top of original letters, but then traditional font scaling rules do not apply to them in a stylesheet. There is seperate code for the scaling of the cufon characters. Is there nothing on Google fonts close to what you have, or even better re-do your logo in the new Google font too so it all matches?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast