Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Warning: Product has been reset and is no longer part of this category ...

I think this is probably a result of a similar topic we were discussing the other day where excuse the language but sods law, theres me saying I have never had a problem deleting products using easy populate.

WELL.. last night I had a problematic product, it just wouldnt delete.. no idea why! anyway, I resulted to having to go to deleting from allt he various tables in myphpadmin

which seemed to sort it.. HOWEVER..

today I have just been into multiple catoegors link manager and when I click on the category I assume this product once was the master ID for this product I get the a yellow warning at the top of the page:
    Warning: Product has been reset and is no longer part of this category ...

- unlike normal the first entry in the list of products is not selected

- the url where as it usually defaults to the fisrt product on the list ?products_filter= its actually referring to ?products_filter=1050 which is a deleted products ID.

I am guessing that I must have missed an entry in the database somewhere? can anyone help advise where perhaps this might be reffered from?

and DrByte, you may say "I told you so..." lol

Cheers
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning: Product has been reset and is no longer part of this category ...

for info, actually.. i think that this product was proabbly a linked product in a category I deleted which in turn deleted the product (which its didnt)

the problem I had last night was that it wouldnt let me delete the manufactuer until it was unassigned but the product was on the server but was not showing in the admin (hence why I had to go in and start deleting there)

So i actually think this has occured through me deleting a category that contacing this product? maybe i think.... :/
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning: Product has been reset and is no longer part of this category ...

Grr. sorry gave the wrong Warning message!!

its actually:

Warning: No Master categories ID has been found for this Product

what an idiot.. sorry!
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

What if you go to TOOLS >>> STORE MANAGER >>> Reset ALL Products Master Categories ID
    20 years a Zencart User

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by philip937 View Post
    Grr. sorry gave the wrong Warning message!!

its actually:

Warning: No Master categories ID has been found for this Product

what an idiot.. sorry!
    You can set the correct master-categories-id for that product in several ways:
    a) click Move on the product's button bar and move it to a valid category.
    b) use the "Reset all products' master categories id" button in the Tools->Store Manager menu. Be advised that this resets ALL products.
    c) use phpMyAdmin to manually set a proper master-categories-id on that product in the products table, and make sure all records in products_to_categories for that products_id point to valid category_ids.

Again, as you said, mucking around blindly in the database with phpMyAdmin can get you into complicated trouble.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    What if you go to TOOLS >>> STORE MANAGER >>> Reset ALL Products Master Categories ID
    stupid question, but what does this actually do? I dont want to mess up any of my current linkages etc?
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can set the correct master-categories-id for that product in several ways:
    a) click Move on the product's button bar and move it to a valid category.
    b) use the "Reset all products' master categories id" button in the Tools->Store Manager menu. Be advised that this resets ALL products.
    c) use phpMyAdmin to manually set a proper master-categories-id on that product in the products table, and make sure all records in products_to_categories for that products_id point to valid category_ids.

Again, as you said, mucking around blindly in the database with phpMyAdmin can get you into complicated trouble.
    The problem is because I deleted the product. anyway I think I figured out what I have done wrong..

I have a feeling I was dumb and when deleting the product probaly deleted the entries from products_to_categories WHERE the categories_id = {the master category id for the product} instead I should have deleted WHERE products_id = {the product I was tryin to get rid of} and i think looking at my live site the product was actually linked as well.. so I still have a linkage for that product that doesnt exist anymore, so when multiple categories manager is looking up that table, its then trying to match it with products_master_cat_id but obviously as the product is deleted isnt finding it.. henlce the warning when viewing that category on multiple categories manager.

think i need to step away for a few days, starting to make mistakes! thanks for your responses guys :)
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

The product set - even when UNLINKED - must be given a primary allocation to a category ID.

So every product, when added to the database, will be given the master category ID of the category into which it first added.

The master categories ID is used in different functions, but helps ensure the CORRECT information is being parsed into a page.

When you LINK or DUPLICATE products , you are essentially establishing a presence for that product in SEVERAL categories - and only ONE of those must be the place where edits are made - and that is the master category.

When you UPDATE master category ID, the system will re-set ALL products MC-ID, and in the case of linked products, will set the MC-ID to the category with the LOWEST ID value.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

ooo not sure I like the sound of that, I think that will mess up my linkages. but good to know what it does thanks.
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

It does not "mess up" the linkages... The LINKAGES will still be intact... what it does do is re-arrange which category is the Master Category out of all those where the product appears.

Let's put this into more practical language...

You create THREE CATEGORIES (the MASTER CATEGORY ID is to the left of the category names):

1 - Mens Shoes
    2 - Womens Shoes
    3- Childrens Shoes

And in each you have three products (the PRODUCT ID is to the left of the product names):

1 - Mens Shoes
    .1- 1 Brown Shoes
    .1- 2 Black Shoes
    .1- 3 Green Shoes

2 - Womens Shoes
    .2- 4 Sandals
    .2- 5 High Heels
    .2- 6 Designer Shoes

3- Childrens Shoes
    .3- 7 School Shoes
    .3- 8 Black Shoes
    .3- 9 Green Shoes

And for a while that's it... Three Categories, each with three products - nine products in total. You will see too that each CATEGORY has a unique ID as does each PRODUCT.

Then, you wish to sell UNISEX shoes, so you set up a category UNISEX shoes...

4- Unisex Shoes

... and you add some products...
    .4- 10 Slippers
    .4- 11 Beach Sandals
    .4- 12 Garden Boots

NOW... because Garden Boots can also be for MEN and WOMEN, you want to LINK that product to Mens Shoes and Womens Shoes

1 - Mens Shoes
    .1- 1 Brown Shoes
    .1- 2 Black Shoes
    .1- 3 Green Shoes
    .4- 12 Garden Boots

2 - Womens Shoes
    .2- 4 Sandals
    .2- 5 High Heels
    .2- 6 Designer Shoes
    .4- 12 Garden Boots

You will now see that though the Garden Boots are in the mens and womens catgegory TOO (as linked products), their MASTER ID is 4

This means, that if you were to EDIT that product, you would edit it under Unisex Shoes, and the changes will automatically reflect to the references in the mens and womens categories.

If you now RESET MASTER CATEGORIES ID, this will be the result...

1 - Mens Shoes
    .1- 1 Brown Shoes
    .1- 2 Black Shoes
    .1- 3 Green Shoes
    .1- 12 Garden Boots (1 is the lowest ID, so it is set as the Master Cat ID for linked products).

2 - Womens Shoes
    .2- 4 Sandals
    .2- 5 High Heels
    .2- 6 Designer Shoes
    .1- 12 Garden Boots

4- Unisex Shoes
    .4- 10 Slippers
    .4- 11 Beach Sandals
    .1- 12 Garden Boots
    Last edited by schoolboy; 12 Feb 2013 at 04:55 PM.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast