Plugin Contributions

Default options_name_manager.php Error when trying to setup product attributes

I am using version 1.5.1, I setup my store and everything was working with the example products installed. I decided to delete all of the products in the database through phpmyadmin, but I may have been a bit too thorough. I can create new categories and products, but when I click on "Attributes Controller" I get the error "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." Im wondering if there is a way to restore the entire mysql database to its original empty state without reinstalling the whole system. The attributes controller page was working before I deleted the products in phpmyadmin. The command I used was:

DELETE FROM zen_customers;
    DELETE FROM zen_customers_info;
    DELETE FROM categories;
    DELETE FROM categories_description;
    DELETE FROM group_pricing;
    DELETE FROM manufacturers;
    DELETE FROM manufacturers_info;
    DELETE FROM products;
    DELETE FROM products_attributes;
    DELETE FROM products_attributes_download;
    DELETE FROM products_description;
    DELETE FROM products_discount_quantity;
    DELETE FROM products_options;
    DELETE FROM products_options_values;
    DELETE FROM products_options_values_to_products_options;
    DELETE FROM products_to_categories;

Many thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: options_name_manager.php Error when trying to setup product attributes

Look at the Bug Fixes for v1.5.1 at:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...29-with-v1-5-1
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: options_name_manager.php Error when trying to setup product attributes

I made those changes and it has made no difference. I think I will just reinstall the whole thing and not include the sample products this time.

Plugin Contributions

Unless there is a way to reset the mysql database, I am fairly confident this is the problem.

Plugin Contributions

I am surprised that this did not fix the problem for those 3 files ...

There is a safety test on the missing TEXT option value in those three files that would cause the issue that you are having ... if this is a clean install, then you can start over without any lose of data ...

But, otherwise check that you applied those changes correctly to see if you made them right the first time around ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pickman View Post
    I think I will just reinstall the whole thing and not include the sample products this time.
    That would be the best solution.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well I have reinstalled and the problem is has gone, if it comes back I will have to investigate in more detail. I have a html and sql backup now though so reinstalling wont take quite so long.

Plugin Contributions

Should you try to do this mass delete, do not delete from the table:
    products_options_values

the record for the products_options_values for:
    products_options_values_name

for the:
    TEXT
    Linda McGrath