Plugin Contributions

Default Adding PDF file (link) and video (links, OR video player) to product showbook page

I have Zen V1.5.0 .. Abagon Red Template, my website is www.stageandtheaterlighting.com . I have searched FAQ's, Plugins, the Forum, and Google, and I can't seem to come up with exactly what I am looking for. I could have missed something obvious, but nevertheless I need help. Hopefully this is a feature that already exists, and I just haven't found it yet. According to this plugin description, the closest thing I have found to what I want to do is a Plugin called "Product Extra Fields" . That plugin has a description of "This provides for 1 extra text field, 4 file upload for pdfs, and a flash upload and display for each product. etc.. " .... but this plugin is for an earlier version of Zen Cart, not V1.5.0 .

I don't want to put links IN my product description, I want the PDF and Video links to be after the description... in an area by themselves..... similar to the way that the Attributes show up. It would be really nice if the video could actually play right there on the product showbook page, but a 'click' and the customers video player playing it would be ok I suppose. Is it possible to use the Attributes to do this? I mean the links, not the player. I need these features because this information is part of the product description, and the video says it all in the Lighting Business. It would be nice to have a bar or something that says "more information" above the PDF file links, and a bar that says "video" above the video link, or something similar to that. If someone can steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Johnnycopilot; 26 Apr 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding PDF file (link) and video (links, OR video player) to product showbook pag

Take a look at:
    http://coffeelogic.co.uk/index.php?m...roducts_id=115

We use TPP module. Click the tab that says "Watch Video"

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding PDF file (link) and video (links, OR video player) to product showbook pag

Thanks for the reply. I checked it out, and that's not what I am looking for. I really like all of my information right there, on the same page..... I appreciate your suggestion, and I may actually use that TPP plugin on another website that I will be doing soon. Does that TPP plugin 'come with' the flash player?? or do I need to install that separately? I'm not sure how all of that works......

Hey, if you can find some tassimo espresso t-disc's for my girlfriends Bosch Coffee Maker, it will DEFINITELY get me a few brownie points with her; those T-Disks (Espresso) have disappeared off of the planet!!!!!!!!!!! I guess Bosh, or Gevalia, or Tassimo, or whoever, quit making them.. but seriously, thanks very much for the link and the suggestion, it may serve me in the future..... Have a great day :)

oh, one more thing.. I CAN just put PDF links if I have to, but I really need help with a video player.. preferably one that will play right there on the product page. Thanks
    Last edited by Johnnycopilot; 27 Apr 2012 at 06:40 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I've used the Product Extra Fields plugin for this (the PDF part, anyway): http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=926

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestion. I mentioned the Product Extra Fields plugin in the first post to this thread, saying that it seems to be similar to what I am looking for, but it's for an earlier version of Zen Cart. I have V1.5.0 ... Any other suggestions? I am to the point now that I need a video player worse than anything. I have some videos that I need to show on some of the products showbook page.. I noticed that some websites use flash. I don't know if that's what I need or not... I just want to play video's with sound.. I don't even know what the most popular format for video is now, and I'm not sure how to install a player. Do I find a video player and install it on my website? and send the files over? or do I use Flash? I don't know how to do that either. haha... Because I haven't searched for a video player plugin ONLY, I will do that now, but since I was responding to this thread anyway, I figured I would throw this out there for some suggestions/help... and once again, thanks everyone.. :)

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

You don't need a "player" on your server. Easiest solution is to load your videos onto a site like vimeo (free for "basic" accounts).

It works like you-tube, but is better than you-tube, because you don't get all the ad-spam nonsense that you do with you-tube.

When you have loaded your videos into vimeo, you just grab their "embed" code, and strip that into the source code of your product descriptions.

Takes 30 seconds...

(SEE: http://vimeo.com/help/faq/embedding)