Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Need help with Avalara -Avatax

As the title says I'm trying to get Avalara's Avatax installed on a Zencart site. The company previously used Magento with Avatax integration and would like to continue to use them. Avalara has a solution for Magento but nothing for Zencart. They offered SDK access but no support. Has anyone else done this that can help out?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with Avalara -Avatax

Quote Originally Posted by In2Deep View Post
    As the title says I'm trying to get Avalara's Avatax installed on a Zencart site. The company previously used Magento with Avatax integration and would like to continue to use them. Avalara has a solution for Magento but nothing for Zencart. They offered SDK access but no support. Has anyone else done this that can help out?
    Good Morning - Avalara DOES integrate with Zencart - please contact Avalara 206.826.4900 Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MJ_Ava View Post
    Good Morning - Avalara DOES integrate with Zencart - please contact Avalara 206.826.4900 Thank you
    I called and spoke to them before I posted this. They said it's possible but don't offer any support, so no instructions on what the edit and where to edit it in the php.

Plugin Contributions

I believe adTumbler has built an Avatax integration into zencart http://zencartsalestax.com.

Plugin Contributions

There is an open source connector to AvaTax for Zen Cart - it was developed by adTumbler and has recently been certified by Avalara.

I believe Avalara are in the process of doing a press release and internal education - apologies for the vague information that they provided above. The connector is provided open source, without charge. Development AvaTax accounts are offered to end users and Integrators wanting to test the service.

It does require a commercial account with AvaTax to go into production.

You can contact me at bischoff dot alex at adtumbler dot com - or using the contact us form on the earlier mentioned web site.

regards
    Alex

Plugin Contributions

E-mail sent.