Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: localhost and website add problem

owh ok...what i mean after i do all when i type localhost i cant see my page as i see as public..u can try to see my page kawaiiclothing.zapto.org....but on localhost i see as the the pic on my 1st.....so what i want is i want the same view of my page on localhost....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That must be something you've done odd with your XAMPP setup.

Instead, you can use kawaiiclothing.zapto.org on your local PC and on remote PCs, and will see the same in both places.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

On the pc i install zencart....when i type url kawaiiclothing.zapto.org its will open my router login page

Plugin Contributions

None of us is exactly sure of what you are trying to do.

Installing zencart on your home/office computer is mainly for the purpose of TESTING a zencart installation, and you will use XAMPP on your local machine to enable zencart to function on that local machine. XAMPP (WAMP) makes your computer work like a "server", setting it up so that it can operate CMS platforms.

A LOCAL install will therefore NOT be visible on the internet - other people cannot see this "website" because it is LOCAL to you only.

If you want the rest of the world to see your zencart site, you will do the install on a SERVER that is connected to the internet, and this is commonly done by doing the install at a webhost, whose servers are:-

1. Connected to the internet
    2. Configured to operate php and MySQL websites.

You do not need zencart installed on your LOCAL machine if you just want a website that everyone can use. Just install it on a remote server. You will be able to manage that site using zencart's ADMIN system, and also via FTP. FTP enables you to make code edits on a LOCAL machine, before sending them to the server, after which the edited versions of the files drive the functions of the publicly-available website.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Actualy i want to make my web for public..its working fine view for public...but on the computer i install zencart cant view the website....i try to view my website by type localhost but cant view full webside there no background....u can see my 1st post....thats the screenshot while i try to connect my website from zencart installed computer...my problem is i want to view my websidw fully as it view my public....this my link kawaiiclothing.zapto.org

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

XAMPP is *NOT* a secure webserver, and is NOT suitable for public access. You will be hacked very quickly if you use it for public access.

Your problems are a result of misconfigured settings in your xampp software. Your problems are not related to using Zen Cart.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I still do not know WHY you are installing on a LOCAL machine AND on a webserver.

What is your REASON for installing on your LOCAL machine?

Unless you intend to do some serious "offline" work, and wish to TEST your modifications, there is no real need to install on a LOCAL machine.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Or... as Dr Byte says... are you trying to use your LOCAL machine as a web server?

This is a BAD idea.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thats what i want to do actualy...make local machine as webserver...but on that computer i just use xampp,zencart...nvr do anything on that....

Plugin Contributions

There is nothing stopping you from setting up a local machine to operate as a webserver on the WWW.

But you need to invest in appropriate systems and technologies.

My question is "why"?

There are tens of thousands of web hosts out there who already provide the platforms to host websites, and a sizeable number of them are good enough for eCommerce, and they charge very little to do the hosting.

So instead of spending weeks trying to get the technology to work, which will cost a LOT, both in time and money, host your site on a reputable and reliable host.

This allows you to focus on SELLING and MARKETING, and other people are looking after the technical stuff.

Each player is then doing what they do best.
    19 years a Zencart User

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast