Thread: Stock Unit

Plugin Contributions

Default Stock Unit

How do you make it so that the stock unit doesn't show for your product?

My site is for throws that are made to order and I'd rather not have that show.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock Unit

admin panel/ catalog/ product types/ product general click on far right side edit layout/ here you will find ..
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much! Think I looked everywhere but there.

Plugin Contributions

Your most welcome, ty for posting that your solution was fixed ..
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

HELP!
    I'm having all sorts of issues with the stockage level, and can't seem to get a grip on it.

My problem is identical to one the quoted post from 2007 (a closed thread) had, but I couldn't see where he actually ever got a good answer.

Also, it seems that whatever I do to the stock quantity, I can't get rid of the SOLD OUT icon that seems to be replacing the ADD TO CART button.

I don't want to make global changes in the configuration block that will affect every item, as like Computer Candy below, I have items that are unlimited quantity (being drop shipped from the manufacturer) and items that have definite stockage levels, where I'm doing the warehousing.

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Candy
    Default Re: Unlimited quantity?

Hello, i have a similar challenge. I have some products that will need a specific stock quantity defined while others need an infinite quantity.

Currently we have many more products that are infinite quantity because they are drop shipped, etc. so we have the 'Configuration' setting set to not show 'Out of Stock' and allow customers to buy OOS products, etc.

Becuase there are only a few products that need a stock quantity at the moment it is not the end of the world. However, at some point we will be adding many more products that will require a specifc quantity to be set and dissalow customers to buy OOS products, etc.

I have done a lot of looking around here and it seems there is only an all or none solution to this. Have i missed a mod or solution to this problem? Isn't there just a way to enter a stock number for some itmes and an 'infinite' quantity to others? In concept it seems this shouldn't be all that hard but in execution it obviously must be much more difficult.

As often as i have seen this paradox come up, it would seem like there would be some sort of solution. I am hopeful that i have just not come across it yet and since i am not all that good of a coder i would certainly be very appreciative.

Plugin Contributions

I guess the way to go is simply putting a half-million units in stock on those items that will be drop shipped from the manufacturer.