Plugin Contributions

red flag Not Found Admin.php error message given when trying to log in to Admin tools

Hello, I have recently upgraded my zen cart from 1.3.9 versions to the 1.5.1 and now I can not log into the admin tool area and continue to receive 404-error message "The requested URL /padmin/FILENAME_ADMIN.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Please help, I was able to locate the file and see that it exist in on my server but for some reason I receive error message...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not Found Admin.php error message given when trying to log in to Admin tools

As there is no file named "FILENAME_ADMIN.php" in a standard distribution
    I suggest that you re-upload all the admin files from a fresh distribution and try again to access
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not Found Admin.php error message given when trying to log in to Admin tools

In v1.3.9h ... there is a define for that in:

/includes/filenames.php

Line #24 : define('FILENAME_ADMIN', 'admin');

This was removed in v1.5 and now the new
    /your_secret_admin/includes/configure.php

uses a different method for the Admin directory ... and a different URL for managing admin users (see the Admin Access Management menu in your Admin menu bar)

You might look at the dist-configure.php for your current version ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I think I am more confused than at first. The zen cart admin panel states that I am using 1.5.1 I just recently ungraded from 1.3.9 version and some how I have noticed that I now can not log into the admin panel under tools. Please advise on where to locate the files? I did search my ftp for the missing file and noticed that the file was there but not being recognized.

Plugin Contributions

In v1.5.x, the admin-related functions were moved to their own "tab" on the admin menu; the link from the tools menu was removed at that time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There is no /admin/admin.php file anymore. That was removed since v1.5.0
    That was the old page that you could use to add new admin users. It's been changed, and is now accessed from the new "Admin Access Management" option on the menu bar (BESIDE the Tools menu, not under it).

The reason you're seeing a link to FILENAME_ADMIN is because you've got an old link someplace that's pointing to the OLD menu and the OLD way of managing users.

So, that basically means you've still got some old v1.3.x code on your site which needs removing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ageorgec View Post
    Hello, I have recently upgraded my zen cart from 1.3.9 versions to the 1.5.1 and now I can not log into the admin tool area and continue to receive 404-error message "The requested URL /padmin/FILENAME_ADMIN.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Please help, I was able to locate the file and see that it exist in on my server but for some reason I receive error message...

If you have uploaded them, check your docs/ folder for two important files which you will want to review:

/docs/changed_files-v1-5-0.html
    /docs/changed_files-v1-5-1.html

These two documents will list all the files to be deleted, and which ones are new, and which ones have been changed. It takes a little doing, but methodically, you will be able to track down which files are to be removed/added/updated on your website.

Good luck!

It's a geek thing. If I had to explain it, you wouldn't understand.