Plugin Contributions

Default Problems after upgrading using Fantastico Upgrade

I have upgraded from 1.3.9 to 1.5.0 using the fantastico upgrade option from my host. Now in my admin section I cannot do much of anything because there is no selections in the green bar where the configure, tools and such is supposed to be located - I have the bar where you find Admin Home, Account, log off and such is located and no other choices.

There is a message at the top that says WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has records over 2 months old and should be archived to conserve space ... 01-25-2012 with a reset button
    You can view and archive Admin Activity details via the Admin Access Management menu, if you have appropriate permissions.
    when i click this it gives me this message:
    Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

How do I fix this problem?

I am using the Rustic template, on windows 7 operating system - I went to the help section for that template but see there is no entries since late 2011, and it says Deceased under the authors avatar which leads me to believe there will be no updates for 1.5.0. Is there anyone here that can help me fix my problem.

I have instructions that came with the upgrade on how to go back to the original but that seems like it would be counter-productive. I have screen shots of the original screen after login and the screen after I click to get the message above if this would help.

I have tried to edit the admin maintenance by clicking account and all I can do there is to change email information

Thanks,
    Lou

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin security clearance does not allow you to access

Quote Originally Posted by dnlcrafts View Post
    I have upgraded ... using the fantastico upgrade option from my host.
    THAT is your problem. DO NOT USE Fantastico TO UPGRADE. It doesn't work.

Contact Fantastico for help to solve the problems they have created for you: https://netenberg.com/#customer.html

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Fantastico gives the appearance of being quick and easy to install and to upgrade, but what you are really doing is using an all things to all men automatic system when you use Fantastico.

If everything goes right, that's fine. But if something goes wrong, where and why did it go wrong? Usually you have no idea because it wasn't you making the changes it was being changed automatically.

Much better if you learn to add or delete new software without using Fantastico. It is really quite a quick and simple process to do yourself and it rarely goes wrong, but if something does go wrong you know exactly where and why, and can usually work out quite easily how to put things right.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by technologynow View Post
    But if something goes wrong, where and why did it go wrong? .
    Just to clarify, that should read *when* something goes wrong (not *if*).

The answer to *why* is quite simple. Fantistico (and similar installers) have no means or methods of knowing what customisations or addons have been performed since the original installation. As a result, files are just 'blindly upgraded' with no consideration as to the consequenses of any changes it makes.

NEVER EVER use an auto installer for upgrades... EVER.

Cheers
    Rod