Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,017 of 1017
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Abbington Mega Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by anklebiterwoodworks View Post
    I am upgrade my store from 1.51 to 1.54 as well as performing a server upgrade in the process. Is there an easy way to transfer the settings for this template from the current live store to the testing store I have located on a Virtual machine or am I stuck manually transferring all my settings over? I found a plugin to copy settings from one template to another located in the plugins section here, but that seems to only work within the same store installation between two templates. The updated store has all the same modules and settings as the current live store I have.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks
    Your database settings should transfer over if you are doing an upgrade.

I would recommend switching over to a responsive template design so that you comply with google's mobile friendly rules. The Westminster New, Winchester Black, Winchester Responsive, and Responsive Sheffield Blue v2.0 are my most recently updated and advanced resopnsive template packages. They can be all be used as a 1, 2, or 3 column layout, with or without the left/righ columns on the home page.

Thanks,

Anne

Thank you for the pointer on the templates, however, for the time being, I will remain with this template. I do have another question, however: In upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4, I found that Chrome's Dynamic Price Updater is not working with this template. I confirmed that it does work with the default classic green template and am only having the issue with Abbington Mega. I had it working when running Zen Cart 1.5.1. Any ideas?
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks
    http://www.anklebiterwoodworks.com

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the pointer on the templates, however, for the time being, I will remain with this template. I do have another question, however: In upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4, I found that Chrome's Dynamic Price Updater is not working with this template. I confirmed that it does work with the default classic green template and am only having the issue with Abbington Mega. I had it working when running Zen Cart 1.5.1. Any ideas?
    Any stable, correctly installed plugin will work with the template package. My guess is that you are not merging files correctly.

Thanks,

Anne

There were no files modified with that plugin which was why I thought there may be something conflicting with the template itself. I rechecked the locations of all the files and verified that the files which were to be placed within the template folders are indeed in the correct locations but still no joy. Not sure what abbington_mega does differently than the default classic green template on the product display pages and the sidebox, so, hopefully Chrome will have an idea as to what may be the issue. Thank you for your help.
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks
    http://www.anklebiterwoodworks.com

Plugin Contributions

There were no files modified with that plugin which was why I thought there may be something conflicting with the template itself. I rechecked the locations of all the files and verified that the files which were to be placed within the template folders are indeed in the correct locations but still no joy. Not sure what abbington_mega does differently than the default classic green template on the product display pages and the sidebox, so, hopefully Chrome will have an idea as to what may be the issue. Thank you for your help.
    This template has not been updated in a really long time so it is possible that there is a problem. If you must use this template, you may want to go through the template files and compare them with comparable 1.5.1 (version you are using) files.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Dear Anne
    I have really appreciated abbington mega whilst I have on a very small scale been dabbling in producing websites with your help :) I have upgraded successfully to v1.5.5 but was interested in the comments of mega and that it is best to change to a responsive site. Which makes sense to me.

Therefore my question is after reading the FAQ's I still wasn't sure.
    To transform my site to either the included responsive classic or The Westminster New, Winchester Black, Winchester Responsive, and Responsive Sheffield Blue v2.0 do I:
    1. Install a responsive plugin
    2. Compare files between a new template and abbington mega and add all the differences into the new template
    3. Then select new template

or
    Is there a more elegant method to merge files for a new template?

Kind Regards
    Thomas

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,
    I use abbington_mega template for my store.
    I would like to know how (and where :-) in zencart ) to change the way that the products display (for "manufacturer" and for "all products " category)

At the moment, they display one above the others. I would like they appear one next this other.

I'm sorry but I'm french so I don't really know if I have described correctly the display I want.
    thank you so much in advance