Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question How do I display the lowest price for a product when using Quantity Discounts?

Hi, I have set up several products with quantity discounts applied. But in the product listing pages the price shown is the full price. For example,

1 - 9 Cups = €2.50,
    10 - 49 Cups = €2.10,
    50 - 99 Cups = €2.00
    100+ = €1.90

What I can't workout is how to show the lowest or 'from' price in the product listing.
    Am I missing something or a switch in the administrative side?

Forgive my poor English, This is difficult for me to word and explain, grazie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I display the lowest price for a product when using Quantity Discounts?

You can customize the module:
    /includes/modules/product_listing.php

using your templates and overrides:
    /includes/modules/your_template_dir/product_listing.php

with the code:
    Code:
            case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

// bof: display lowest quantity price
    //        $lc_price = zen_get_products_display_price($listing->fields['products_id']) . '<br />';
    $lowest_price = zen_get_products_discount_price_qty((int)$listing->fields['products_id'],20000);
    $lowest_price_tax_class = zen_products_lookup((int)$listing->fields['products_id'], 'products_tax_class_id');
    $lc_price = $currencies->display_price($lowest_price, zen_get_tax_rate($lowest_price_tax_class));
    // eof: display lowest quantity price

$lc_align = 'right';
            $lc_text =  $lc_price;
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I display the lowest price for a product when using Quantity Discounts?

Hi, thank you very much.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, sorry to trouble you once again. I have noticed when I use your code to display the lowest €00.00 on the products listing page when I have my store set up as ' log on to access price ' it echos the price and not ' price unavailable '. Sorry. This is my error in not explaining how my store is set up, how can I show the lowest 'from' price in the product listing only when the customer is logged on?

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL to your shop where we could perhaps peek at this?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Try this code:
    Code:
            case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
            $lc_price = zen_get_products_display_price($listing->fields['products_id']) . '<br />';
    // bof: display lowest quantity price
    if ($lc_price == TEXT_LOGIN_FOR_PRICE_PRICE . '<br />' || $lc_price == TEXT_AUTHORIZATION_PENDING_PRICE . '<br />') {
      $change_price = false;
    } else {
      $change_price = true;
    }

if ($change_price) {
      $lowest_price = zen_get_products_discount_price_qty((int)$listing->fields['products_id'],20000);
      $lowest_price_tax_class = zen_products_lookup((int)$listing->fields['products_id'], 'products_tax_class_id');
      $lc_price = $currencies->display_price($lowest_price, zen_get_tax_rate($lowest_price_tax_class));
    }
    // eof: display lowest quantity price

$lc_align = 'right';
            $lc_text =  $lc_price;

// more info in place of buy now
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

fantastico

Plugin Contributions

Very sorry for once more contacting you. I have 2 problems. I am trying to modify your script to show 'a partire dal' before the price where quantity discounts are used and not show 'a partire dal' where no quantity discounts are used. But I just break it. I also have a €00.00 price showing for products are 'Call for Price'.

Can you help once more please? Very hard for newcomers but I am enjoying the learning.

Plugin Contributions

You could customize the code in your templates and overrides for:
    tpl_product_info_display.php

on the line around 71:
    Code:
      echo $one_time . ((zen_has_product_attributes_values((int)$_GET['products_id']) and $flag_show_product_info_starting_at == 1) ? TEXT_BASE_PRICE : '') . zen_get_products_display_price((int)$_GET['products_id']);
    to add the code in RED:
    Code:
      echo $one_time . ((zen_has_product_attributes_values((int)$_GET['products_id']) and $flag_show_product_info_starting_at == 1) ? TEXT_BASE_PRICE : '') . ($products_discount_type ? ' Discounts from: ' : '') . zen_get_products_display_price((int)$_GET['products_id']);
    and adjust as needed ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You could customize the code in your templates and overrides for:
    tpl_product_info_display.php

on the line around 71:
    Code:
      echo $one_time . ((zen_has_product_attributes_values((int)$_GET['products_id']) and $flag_show_product_info_starting_at == 1) ? TEXT_BASE_PRICE : '') . zen_get_products_display_price((int)$_GET['products_id']);
    to add the code in RED:
    Code:
      echo $one_time . ((zen_has_product_attributes_values((int)$_GET['products_id']) and $flag_show_product_info_starting_at == 1) ? TEXT_BASE_PRICE : '') . ($products_discount_type ? ' Discounts from: ' : '') . zen_get_products_display_price((int)$_GET['products_id']);
    and adjust as needed ...
    Hi, no still lost. I have tried to show the lowest 'discounted_price' price in the place of the base price IF quantityDiscounts are given to that product, ELSE show the baseprice. Not yet knowledgeable of zen cart Cannot understand how to do it. Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast