Plugin Contributions

Default Database Quirky ... Help Please!

Hello,

I've been running Zen Cart 1.3.9 for a while and recently upgraded to 1.5.0. I've kept diligent backups of my files and databases, but recently had to restore the entire store. When I copied my files back to the server (database remained untouched) it kept giving me the screen that you get when you first install that says you have to run the zc_install. I figured I'll just go with a clean install and hook that to my database.

So, I reinstalled 1.5.0 from scratch and copied my template over. Got everything up and running just fine. All my products display on the website ... HOWEVER, none of my products or even their categories are in the back-end! How in the world do I fix that!??

Thanks so much for your help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Quirky ... Help Please!

Your configure.php files probably point to a different DB_PREFIX than what your original store used, so now your store is looking at the wrong set of tables in the database.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Quirky ... Help Please!

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Your configure.php files probably point to a different DB_PREFIX than what your original store used, so now your store is looking at the wrong set of tables in the database.
    No, that wasn't it, but it lead me to the actual problem. I completely forgot to change the DB_DATABASE back to the correct DB under the /admin/includes/configure.php. Such a silly error!! Thanks a bunch!