Default Re: Forgotten Password page missing

also checked for this line:
    define('FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN', 'password_forgotten');
    in the filenames.php file. It's there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by weirdorecords View Post
    Okay. I got 'remote server or file not found'. Perhaps I've got something in my custom template that's causing trouble...
    That sounds like a redirect happening outside Zen Cart. Maybe .htaccess or something else? Contact your hosting company.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hosting company says: We are able to replicate the error however it does not show in any of our logs. They suggested I try here.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That sounds like a redirect happening outside Zen Cart. Maybe .htaccess or something else? Contact your hosting company.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay. Then you need to find out what files are added or missing or different on your site vs the original Zen Cart files. I gave you the link earlier: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay. Did this and all 3 of these were identical:
    /includes/modules/pages/xxxxxxx/header_php.php
    /includes/languages/english/xxxxxxxx.php
    /includes/templates/a_template_name/templates/tpl_xxxxxxx_default.php

Also checked with the hosting co. again specifically to see if there was some dns problem (eg if these files were on a different server as the rest of my files). No luck there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, maybe the problem is beyond those three files. Hence the suggestion to compare EVERYTHING.

Plugin Contributions

Okay. I got 'remote server or file not found'. Perhaps I've got something in my custom template that's causing trouble...
    You've made some edits to your /languages/english/password_forgotten.php file haven't you?

Restore this file from the distribution files (or just delete the override file if you have used one), and your problem will go away).

Actually, I'll go one better.... I'm betting that the line you have edited is this one:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Enter your email address below and we\'ll send you an email message containing your new password.');

And the edit you made was to remove the "\" from "we'll" so the line now reads:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Enter your email address below and we'll send you an email message containing your new password.');

Cheers
    Rod.

ps. If you promise to buy the zencart team a coffee, I'll tell you how I discovered this :)

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to say I don't think that's it, unless there's an override file somewhere that I haven't noticed. I had changed my password_forgotten.php file, but changing it back to the default doesn't solve the problem. Also, the changed version has no contractions or quotes. Here's how it looks.

PHP Code:
    define('TEXT_MAIN''Enter your email address below and we will send you an email message containing a new password.');

define('TEXT_NO_EMAIL_ADDRESS_FOUND''Error: The Email Address was not found in our records; please try again.');

define('EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_SUBJECT'STORE_NAME ' - New Password');
    define('EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_BODY''So, I got a request for a new password from ' $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']  . '.' "\n\n" 'And therefore, your new password at '\ . STORE_NAME . \' is:' "\n\n" '   %s' "\n\nAfter you have logged in using the new password, you can change it to whatever you want by going to My Account.");

define('SUCCESS_PASSWORD_SENT''A new password has been sent to your email address.');
    ?> 
    Also, I've done winmerge on my entire current shop vs the entire default set. There are 4,232 files in the comparison results. Some of the files are obviously not relevant to my problem, but I'm having trouble narrowing down which files would be relevant.

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to say, I'd gladly buy the zencart team a coffee anyhow, you folks have been extremely helpful to me many times in the last few years.

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to say, I'd gladly buy the zencart team a coffee anyhow, you folks have been extremely helpful to me many times in the last few years.
    You wouldn't beleive how close I was though (right file, wrong edit)

This is the line causing your problem.
    PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_BODY''So, I got a request for a new password from ' $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']  . '.' "\n\n" 'And therefore, your new password at '\ . STORE_NAME . \' is:' "\n\n" '   %s' "\n\nAfter you have logged in using the new password, you can change it to whatever you want by going to My Account."); 
    To be more specific,

-----------------
    your new password at '\ . STORE_NAME . \' is:' .
    ---------------------------

Should be:
    your new password at \' . STORE_NAME . \' is:' .

Cheers
    Rod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast