Thread: Image zoom?

Plugin Contributions

Default Image zoom?

Does anyone know of a image zoom addon that works with Zen Cart 1.5?

I tried JQuery Zoom and nothing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image zoom?

The guys at magictoolbox.com have some neat image manipulators which all work with ZC1.5
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

jqZoom is another way to go.

I think that rubikintegration do a module but not sure if it is 1.5 compatible. Actually, it is pretty easy to set up without a module. And lets you swap any additional images into the main window too. I use it a lot and if I have time will turn it into a mod.

Plugin Contributions

JQZoom is what I have previously used, but when I tried it on ZC 1.5 it failed.

Plugin Contributions

My version attached. You'll have to work out where the files go as i am kind of rushed at the moment. Two js files just need to be loaded on the product_info pages. one template file has a few alterations to the core version. one module file has alterations to the core version.

Sorry, not to have time to package this properly

It is very much built for a specific site but make sure you are backed up and give it a go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

NICCOL,

Thank you so much for the help. No worries on the packaging. I appreciate the help. I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by JCJXXL View Post
    NICCOL,

Thank you so much for the help. No worries on the packaging. I appreciate the help. I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks again!
    Did you get it working? I started out with cloud-zoom, got it set-up and running with a manually added image on the site which i decribed in a separate cloud zoom thread . However, lacking support of others and with rudimentary php skills i got stuck and never managed to get the data base to feed the zoom automatically.

If you got it working i would be utmost grateful if you could share the results. I would assume i am not the only one struggling with this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    Did you get it working? I started out with cloud-zoom, got it set-up and running with a manually added image on the site which i decribed in a separate cloud zoom thread . However, lacking support of others and with rudimentary php skills i got stuck and never managed to get the data base to feed the zoom automatically.

If you got it working i would be utmost grateful if you could share the results. I would assume i am not the only one struggling with this.
    I managed to get this working on zen 1.5 with niccol's edits - thanks for those. I am planning to package up my working version of this plugin for 1.5 and will post it here when I've finished.

The only problem I'm having with this at the moment is that i can't get the extra product images to switch out the main product image so that i can use the JQZoom on multiple images for one product. Otherwise it's working fine though.

If anyone knows of a working plugin for 1.5 that will deal with the image swapping that would be fabulous! ;-)

Plugin Contributions

hmmm, the image swapping should work with those edits. I'll try and find time to package this into a proper mod......

Plugin Contributions

@emloam
    If you send me a link to the site I'll have a quick look and see if I can spot why the additional images are not working. Then, yes, it would be great if you are happy to package it and release it to the community. I'd guess that you have the additional_images.php file in the wrong place but may be mistaken.