Plugin Contributions

Default Email problem after changing hosts

I have just changed hosting providers.

I have manually changed the configure files and all appears to be working except the php email when updating a customer's order status.

It says to check the email options but in the admin it is set to php and has my email addresses in there that I want the order copies sent to.

I am guessing it is something to do with my new host cgi configuration...but I am just guessing.

Are there any configure files that need adjusting for the email to work?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email problem after changing hosts

I just wanted to add that sendmail works without any problem. I am using that instead until I can fix the php mail issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

SMTPAUTH is the most reliable method. If that doesn't suit your hosting arrangement, then use the PHP or sendmail method. Your hosting company can tell you which to use. Only they can "fix" the problems happening when you use the "PHP" method, since that method relies on the server's PHP configuration settings for email in php.ini. But, SMTPAUTH is still a much better choice anyway.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    SMTPAUTH is the most reliable method. If that doesn't suit your hosting arrangement, then use the PHP or sendmail method. Your hosting company can tell you which to use. Only they can "fix" the problems happening when you use the "PHP" method, since that method relies on the server's PHP configuration settings for email in php.ini. But, SMTPAUTH is still a much better choice anyway.
    Thank you for your quick reply and advice.

I had incorrectly assumed that as php was the default it was probably the best to use and the notes in the admin about the different email options sort of imply to choose smtpauth if you are unlucky enough to have a windows based server.

Thank you for correcting my assumptions..I will change it to smtpauth.