Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: moving to a new server

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    "PK" is the first two characters of a .zip file. So this means one of two things.

1. The .zip file itself is invalid (a bad download perhaps) or
    2. There is something amiss with you phpmyadmin/server setup that is preventing the file from being unzipped prior to the import.

Solution. First check that the zip file is valid by unzipping on your local machine. If you get an error you'll need to re-export the data (hopefully you still have access to your original database) .
    If the file unzips without any errors you can bypass the phpmyadmin/server problem by importing the unzipped file.

Cheers
    Rod
    Rod,

Thanks so much for prompt reply.

I unzipped the SQL file without any problem and tried to upload with compression set to none.

I believe the upload went fine, since server was busy for few minutes and then I got the following error message:

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
    -- version 2.6.4-pl3
    -- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
    --
    -- Host: dbxxxx.perfora.net
    -- Generation Time: May 15, 2012 at 09:09 PM
    -- Server version: 5.0.91
    -- PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze9
    --
    -- Database: `dbxxxxxx844`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE `dbxxxxxx844` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_german2_ci

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1044 - Access denied for user 'dboxxxxxx345'@'%' to database 'dbxxxxxx844'

Please note that I did not know from security perspective it is OK to display my full DB and host name so I replaced few numbers with "x".

Also, I am the admin on my hosting server and, as far as I know, I am signing in to PhpMyAdmin as admin as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ak6000 View Post

CREATE DATABASE `dbxxxxxx844` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_german2_ci
    MySQL said: Documentation
    #1044 - Access denied for user 'dboxxxxxx345'@'%' to database 'dbxxxxxx844'
    Curious. A typical phpmyadmin export doesn't include a 'CREATE DATABASE' statement, so what is happening here is the import is trying to create one but you don't have permission to do so. Also, you wouldn't/shouldn't be needing to create a NEW database anyway because you are supposed to be inserting the data into an existing database (which may or may not have the same name as the original database).

Anyway, the solution is quite simple. Using a text editor, delete the line in your .sql file (the one you are trying to import) that has this CREATE DATABASE command. Save the file and try again. (note: you will need to select your database in phpmyadmin *before* doing an import (just in case it isn't obvious).

There will only be one line with the CREATE DATABASE command, and that will be very near the beginning of the file.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Man you're a lifesaver! That was the problem and I was able to finally move my site

Thanks so much for your help.

Just to learn what happened here, why the backed up DB had the Create DB line in it? Did I do something wrong when I was backing up my DB? I used the link in Zen cart Q&A (http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ith-phpmyadmin) to backup my DB.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, you skipped steps 2 and 3 about FIRST selecting your database from the list BEFORE choosing to export. Thus it assumed you wanted not just the contents but the database frame too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That makes sense.

Thanks for the hint.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ak6000 View Post
    Just to learn what happened here, why the backed up DB had the Create DB line in it? Did I do something wrong when I was backing up my DB? I used the link in Zen cart Q&A (www.zen-cart.com/content.php?144-how-can-i-do-a-database-backup-with-phpmyadmin) to backup my DB.
    I can't say if you did anything wrong or not, but what I can say is:

---------------------------------------------------
    1. Open phpMyAdmin
    2. Select your database from the dropdown (usually on the left side), so that its tables are displayed (they usually display on the right side).
    3. Click on the Export tab. (NOTE: Be sure you've already selected your database from the pulldown BEFORE clicking on the Export tab)
    --------------------------------------------------

If you didn't follow step#2 (and the NOTE: in step#3) then phpmayadmin will include the CREATE DATABASE command.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I believe that's the reason.

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Valen123 View Post
    Good details. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12