Plugin Contributions

Default How do I do this

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to zen cart and I would like to list some of my products like this

sewandso.co.uk/Departments/Threads/DMC/DMC-Stranded-Cotton/DMC-Stranded-Cotton---No-Images-(Faster)/White-to-434.aspx

And

sewandso.co.uk/Departments/Threads/DMC/DMC-Stranded-Cotton/DMC-Stranded---Images-(Slower)/White-to-434.aspx

Does anybody know if this is possible as I have 400+ to list.

Shazie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I do this

I presume you mean that you want the URL to read like that instead of the stock ww w.sewandso.co.uk/index.php?main_page=whatever&etc...

Why do you feel it necessary to have "pretty" URLs? If just for "SEO", that is not necessary; Zen Cart's standard dynamic URLs index just fine in Google. If you have actual reason to believe that it will make a difference to your customers, then install the CEON URI Mapping mod, as that is widely reported to be the most flexible and reliable (and definitely best supported). And if you rewrite your URLs, avoid the stupid .html suffix, as that adds nothing except complication to the result. CEON will allow you to also avoid including category and product ids in the result; these are meaningless to the customer and likewise add only complication. Some "SEO" mods require these extra numbers in the output.