Plugin Contributions

Default Europe Zones Module

When unzipping the file located at http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1177
    There is only a SQL file. So the only thing I can find to do with that was

1) use the 'Install SQL Patches' tool from within admin - this causes an error asking to reload the page. I have tried pasting in the SQL and uploading from my desktop. Both ways cause the same error.
    2) upload to my hosted server and place in the zen card installation - read on one of the threads that ZC would know where to install files correctly. Maybe not. So I also tried place the SQL in my admin folder and when that didn't work, into
    Code:
    */includes/
    Actually I find the lack of information regarding installing modules entirely frustrating. Spent at least 8 full hours trying to locate the answer and trying different methods. But back to my moment of Zen..

So I gave up entirely and after individually coding prices and setting tax to every item I thought there must be a free module to do this in bulk. SO I checked out Apsona which even gave a wonder ONE MINUTE step by step install video. http://apsona.com/pages/ec/tour.html
    Trouble is even after clearing my cache on my browser I can't for the life of me get even Apsona to appear in the tool drop down.

Is something blocking me potentially from seeing these kind of files in my installation. It's seems incredibly over complicated for what I am trying to do. I could have hand coded in the postal zones across all of Europe myself by now.

Anyone care to shed some light onto this for me? Getting this shop up and running is seriously becoming a matter of survival.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Europe Zones Module

Well it appears that I might have a bit of an issue with duplicated folders. I was putting all these into the stated correct folder when my installation was actually using a different folder. Corrupted essentially by outsourcing my installation and then doing a Softaculous update via Cpanel. 4 folders within the main store folder looked like admin folders to me. That couldn't have been right.

So what I think I'm planning to do is take a back up of all my current data and do a clean install of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

So I did a clean install and had the same problem. So I thought to try using an external FTP app instead of cpanel. Filezilla to the rescue.

Anyway that worked in the new install. I did the same in the 'corrupted' install and it also worked. I feel through this I have progressed a great deal in my understanding of zen cart so it isn't a complete waste of time. Thank goodness!!

Will leave this open until I am certain I have no further problems with this issue. Thanks for reading!

Keep on rocking!

Plugin Contributions

I do have to add that Apsona ShopAdmin was one of the few things over the last week that actually did what it should and imho raised the bar entirely. Installation instructions were clear and by being so actually helped me identify what was intrinsically wrong with my ZC installation. I didn't realise how many other things it did and funnily enough those additional features beyond simple export/import of product data has carved HOURS off my task.

Thank you for making such an awesome product accessible in such a way Apsona. I was up again until 5am last night. This time not because of problems, but because I was making such a huge amount of progress thanks to batch control and filtering of my products list that I could barely control my excitement.

BUT in relation to EUROPE ZONES MODULE I am none the wiser. I can NOT get it to work. What on earth am I meant to do with it? Again the SQL tool within ZC loads it about 93% and then fails. Going to try to place it in a zones folder later.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmileydave View Post

BUT in relation to EUROPE ZONES MODULE I am none the wiser. I can NOT get it to work. What on earth am I meant to do with it? Again the SQL tool within ZC loads it about 93% and then fails. Going to try to place it in a zones folder later.
    Putting a SQL patch file into a folder is meaningless. It's not an active file. It's a command set that is to be run into the database.

If your installation of the patch (when using "Install SQL Patches") fails, then there is something in the patch that your database does not like. The patch may not be configured to meet your database's set up - things like collation spring to mind - particularly as this patch declares it uses Cyrillic characters.

I may be wrong here, but if the collation type is not capable of accepting such characters, it would not successfully install the data.