Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZX Slideshow official thread

Great! thankx, that was the culprit. After I removed it the slides are shown properly! Many thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi.

I have been reading the "multi lingual banners" thread, and it is addressed that the banners can be identified by languages. Here is an explanation of how to do that: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-banners/page7

The link refers back to Post #22 in that multi lingual banner thread, which is here: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...806#post866806.

I think I could figure out how to do that if I understood how to make a banner group in this very easy to use ZX Slideshow module. Since I am not using the usual Zen Cart Banner Groups, I am not sure how to transfer the instructions to the banner groups for Slide1 through Slide10.

May one use this module with more than one language? If so, what is the beat way to configure it?

Thanks.
    Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by notageek View Post
    Hi.

I have been reading the "multi lingual banners" thread, and it is addressed that the banners can be identified by languages. Here is an explanation of how to do that: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-banners/page7

The link refers back to Post #22 in that multi lingual banner thread, which is here: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...806#post866806.

I think I could figure out how to do that if I understood how to make a banner group in this very easy to use ZX Slideshow module. Since I am not using the usual Zen Cart Banner Groups, I am not sure how to transfer the instructions to the banner groups for Slide1 through Slide10.

May one use this module with more than one language? If so, what is the beat way to configure it?

Thanks.
    Notageek
    I don't feel like explaining so I just attached a file. Upload that file to your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/ directory. This will give you multilingual support. WRONG: Then, when in Banner Manager, just assign your banner to slide1_1 group for English, slide1_2 for language with ID 2 etc. Notice the part in red - this is the language identifier. You can see this in action on the last site in my sig (only FI and EN banners created).

EDIT: This file is actually slightly different and perhaps more user friendly. All you need to do is add a banner to slide1_en for English, slide1_fr for French etc. - it's using language code instead of language ID. So, just add the underscore and language code and that's it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by balihr; 5 Nov 2012 at 09:05 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi.

Thanks for the multi-lingual zx_slideshow.php file. I substituted it in for the monolingual file after renaming the monolingual file, and added the banners in the Admin, Banner Manager as Slide1_en and Slide1_es, and both English and Spanish banners work perfectly after re-uploading the banners previously uploaded into the monolingual version.

This module is incredibly easy to use. Thank you. (My site is not live yet, but eventually you will see the slider at w w w.g o k a r a o k e m a c h i n e . c o m (spaces added so this thread will not come up on a search for my website).

Plugin Contributions

Hi.

I downloaded the patch from page 21, post 210, but I now realize it wasn't necessary because the slider was already showing even though my categories were set to show on the main page, so I believe your module was upgraded to allow that feature.

I was actually trying to center the slideshow. I had downloaded the earlier tpl_index_categories.pho at page 9 post 85, and copied to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates file.

Neither file had any effect in centering the slideshow. It is justified to the left.

As a matter of curiosity, there was no such file in existence in my downloaded module, so I am wondering if I need that file or can just delete it. I guess I will delete it and see what happens.

My actual question is how theslideshow may be centered. Is there CSS coding that needs to be changed to center the slideshow?

Notageek
    Last edited by notageek; 6 Nov 2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: another question

Plugin Contributions

I did note a reply to Post 75 which gave this advice about centering the slideshow:
    I will assume that you want to center the slider. Edit index_home.css at line 93 and change to margin: 0 auto;
    This is how that block should look like:
    Code:
    .theme-default .nivoSlider {
    position:relative;
    background:#fff url("../images/loading.gif") no-repeat 50% 50%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 1px 5px 0px #4a4a4a;
    -moz-box-shadow: 0px 1px 5px 0px #4a4a4a;
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 5px 0px #4a4a4a;
    }
    I do see that in the includes/templates/YOUR_Template/templates/css/index_home.css file.

However, the line 93 states not just "margin," but rather "margin-bottom:50px;"

In my .css file, farther down, at lines 109 to 113, it says:

.theme-default .nivo-controlNav {
    position:absolute;
    left:50%;
    bottom:-42px;
    margin-left:-40px; /* Tweak this to center bullets */
    It seems like centering left to right should be controlled by the "margin-left:-40px;" code, especially given the comment: "Tweek this to center bullets." I'm not centering bullets, just the slider, but I don't think the margin-bottom is safe to play with.

I suppose I should just try to change line 93 to see what happens, and perhaps I will summon the courage or effort to do so, but if someone could explain why it is safe to take out the "-bottom" and make the changes discussed as to line 93, I would be able to understand what is happening better.

Thanks for any CSS assistance by way of explanation.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by notageek View Post
    I did note a reply to Post 75 which gave this advice about centering the slideshow:

I do see that in the includes/templates/YOUR_Template/templates/css/index_home.css file.

However, the line 93 states not just "margin," but rather "margin-bottom:50px;"
    Margin is just shortened syntax, nothing else. I suggest reading the detailed explanations at w3schools.

So, just do what you read about in post 75 and you should be fine. If you want to keep the bottom margin, you can always replace the line mentioned with
    Code:
    margin:0 auto 50px auto;
    Have fun.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. An immense thank you for the reference. So above and beyond the call of duty and it really helps me for the future.

Thanks again for this trouble-free, brilliant module.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Fantastic job you have done, and I am pleased to be one of the many who will be/are using your slideshow.

My question is: Is there any way to change the transitions? JQuery has a slide effect I would like to use but I do not know how to implement it in your code.

Thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by day-o View Post
    Hi,
    Fantastic job you have done, and I am pleased to be one of the many who will be/are using your slideshow.

My question is: Is there any way to change the transitions? JQuery has a slide effect I would like to use but I do not know how to implement it in your code.

Thank you in advance.
    Glad to hear you like the module.

The module comes with 16 transition effects built in. If you don't like any of the 16 transitions available and want to add your own custom effects, you'll have to modify the jquery code used by the slider (includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript/jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js)
    Since the module is based on Nivo Slider, you'll have to figure out how to create custom transition effects and how to use it. I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast