Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZX Slideshow official thread

Is there a way to not have it add it to the product description page?
    This is probably because the name of the photo/image is the same as the product you are referring to with an underscore after it with a suffix. To avoid that, change the name of your banner image completely without "_" or something that doesn't have same name as the product with an "_" after the name to avoid being added as an additional image of a product.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply and help with this! I will make this change to my future banner images.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

@NWCE - yup, this is exactly the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    This is probably because the name of the photo/image is the same as the product you are referring to with an underscore after it with a suffix. To avoid that, change the name of your banner image completely without "_" or something that doesn't have same name as the product with an "_" after the name to avoid being added as an additional image of a product.
    As an alternative, you can simply upload the slides to your /banners directory (or create a new one named /slides). If it's in /images/banners/ (or /images/slides/) it won't be found as an additional product image. Plus, that helps you keep things organized.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again balihr...that's a great tip and I'll give it a go later this week for my next product release and banner!

Plugin Contributions

Hi again balihr,

Is there a way to easily enlarge the display of the slideshow? Not to worry if not.....just would like it to display a little large on my site.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

The way it works is it respects your original image's height and the slider will use that for height. The width of the image will remain as is, but the image will be cut off if it doesn't fit the container. It will not be resized.

If you have your left column and right column showing, there won't be much space in between so the slider doesn't have much to work with. If you want, you can move the block of code from tpl_index_default.php to tpl_header.php (don't forget the home page check).

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply and more info on how the slider works. I know what you're saying in that if I have my store set up with left and right columns, there is only so much room. Makes sense.....and if I really wanted it bigger I would need to change my store to be single column, etc.

Good option to move the slide to the header as that would provide the right spot to enlarge it....I will definitely look at this, and again thank you for you help!

Plugin Contributions

Hi I am using 1.5.8 w/ the Response Classic template. Error log was checked and no issue there.
    I am trying to understand why the slideshow is not displaying the actual image, but instead a block. I have completed all fields as mentioned in the install/configuration instructions and I have attempted to replace the image with a different one and then added 2 slides thinking that may be it, but still not luck. I apologize if this was addressed already, but I was unable to find the same question addressed. The site is comfortpricefurniture.com and here a screenshot of what I am seeing.Name:  comfortprice-ss.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  22.7 KB.
    The plugin looks like a winner and is exactly what I need. Thanks for your time..
    Last edited by chuckrey; 28 Sep 2023 at 07:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for not updating this thread - searching the older threads won't help because ZX Slideshow v3 is completely different and there have been no question about v3 yet...

It seems that you didn't assign your banners to the 'home' group. If you edit your slides, you'll see an input for "Slide Group". If you can't select home from the menu, simply use the input below and type in "home" (without the quotation marks). I know this option/requirement doesn't make much sense now, but I'm hoping to release an update soon which would allow to show different slides on other pages (ie. a slider specific to a certain category).

Plugin Contributions

That's EXACTLY it. I changed to home. and boom. Thank you so much for your help and work on this plugin.