Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZX Slideshow official thread

Just for clarity, I had the same issue. What's interesting is that the css ~was~ loading because I could adjust values within index_home.css and they worked - just not the white space when nav was turned off. "Reloading" the css as per code insert fixed it.

I use the most of the cherry_zen template for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Yup, obviously template related. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing what's causing it.

A KISS method of fixing it would be to copy all content of index_home.css and paste it into your stylesheet.css - if you're OK with loading the extra (unnecessary) line of css throughout the site.

Another way would be to add the following to your includes/templates/RI_TEMPLATE_07/templates/zx_slideshow.php as the first line:
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo($template->get_template_dir('index_home.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'). '/index_home.css'); ?>" media="screen" />

Plugin Contributions

That won't work here - his site isn't loading ANY of the files, including the javascript for Nivo... There's a big difference because the case you quoted wasn't loading the css file only, but all other files were properly loaded...

Plugin Contributions

A different issue (which I've "solved" so to speak) was in the main template css, I had hover link background set to a colour to highlight text links on the site.

However, having a linked image in ZX flashed the whole box the same colour. Turning off hover background stopped this but obviously now I cannot have background colours on text links AND linked images in ZX.

Any tips on how I could force background transparent on ZX links and leave the main site links as I had it?

Cheers mate - great mod - took all of 2 minutes to install and work it into my new site.

Plugin Contributions

That won't work here - his site isn't loading ANY of the files, including the javascript for Nivo... There's a big difference because the case you quoted wasn't loading the css file only, but all other files were properly loaded...
    My bad - went back and reread... Crossed intent with a different post.. [sheepish grin]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stewade View Post
    However, having a linked image in ZX flashed the whole box the same colour. Turning off hover background stopped this but obviously now I cannot have background colours on text links AND linked images in ZX.

Any tips on how I could force background transparent on ZX links and leave the main site links as I had it?
    Add this to your index_home.css (or stylesheet.css)
    Code:
    .nivoSlider a:hover {
    	background:none !important;
    }
    I'm glad to hear you like the plugin.

Plugin Contributions

Add this to your index_home.css (or stylesheet.css)
    Code:
    .nivoSlider a:hover {
    	background:none !important;
    }
    I'm glad to hear you like the plugin.
    Absolute champion buddy!

/stewade goes off looking for donation link for this very clever chap :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help.
    I installed the files in the Classic template and switched to it but still absolutely nothing. ZX Slideshow is configured TRUE. I carefully dragged each file to it's corresponding folder using Filezilla.
    I only had two folders below my Custom folder. I had to add "jscript" and "templates" then add the files to them.
    I did notice that there is a tpl_index_default.php file in the template_default folder which I think is irrelevant but I renamed it anyway and nothing changed.

Unless I am doing something blatently wrong with these files I can't imagine why the script won't load.
    I also tried using Chrome but the same thing happens.

I may have to abandon this idea and move on. I was really hoping to make this work.

Thanks again for looking into it and responding!

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea what you're doing wrong, but I'm absolutely certain you're falling on something trivial. Check your Private Message, please.

Plugin Contributions

Balihr you Rock!
    Funny thing is removing categories from my main page was on my list of things to do as I modify and build the site.
    Thanks so much for your help. I will be looking forward to future updates!

Plugin Contributions

Just to keep everyone else updated: wesatspice's problem was caused by having categories displayed on main page. If you go to "Configuration->Layout Settings->Categories - Always Show on Main Page" and turn it to ON, ZX Slideshow will not work. There is a workaround, though, but I don't have the time to explain it right now.

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast