Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZX Slideshow official thread

This does seem to be caused by the template coding, although it's quite surprising - ZX Slideshow is integrated with A LOT of TemplateMonster's templates and works fine so I'm not sure why this template would be an exception... But, then again, it's TM so I'm surprised that I'm surprised...

First, change your configure files to have https on all lines:
    Code:
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.bareprotein.com.au');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.bareprotein.com.au');
    Next, I'm not sure how that template was coded, but it seems to have div class="slider" and the jQuery is triggered on #slider so it's kinda confusing. Maybe it's just because part of the code isn't loaded at all.

If you want, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to look into this because at this point I'm really curious.

Plugin Contributions

OK, so... After a few PMs, we found it. And, folks, sit down and leave the popcorn so you don't choke... As always, the simplest thing was the answer. There's an old and IMHO obsolete* setting in Banner Manager that lets you choose whether to display a banner on SSL or not. In this case, it was set to No so the ZX Slideshow did load, but had no images to display since all of the banners were disabled on SSL pages. So, simply enabling the banners to show on SSL did the trick and the slides are now showing up...

*obsolete = due to the now must-have constant SSL connection, this setting is no longer needed

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    OK, so... After a few PMs, we found it. And, folks, sit down and leave the popcorn so you don't choke... As always, the simplest thing was the answer. There's an old and IMHO obsolete* setting in Banner Manager that lets you choose whether to display a banner on SSL or not. In this case, it was set to No so the ZX Slideshow did load, but had no images to display since all of the banners were disabled on SSL pages. So, simply enabling the banners to show on SSL did the trick and the slides are now showing up...

*obsolete = due to the now must-have constant SSL connection, this setting is no longer needed
    Wow, nice detective work!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

The jscript_jquery-1.7.1.min.js is having loading issues with the mobile menu. In my case there's no issue on homepage, product listing page, but when you go to a specific item (product info page), the menu doesn't load properly.

How should I go around this?
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

You didn't provide a link to the site so I'm just gonna pull out my magic crystal ball, dust it off and get to work.

Are there other instances of jQuery loading on the site? Or is that the only jQuery file on the entire site? Have you tried disabling the 1.7.1 file (ie. rename it to Xjscript_jqery..... or just delete it) - although this might cause it to not work at all if the main jQuery file is loaded from the footer.

You might try the following:
    #1 - rename /jscript/jscript_jquery-1.7.1.min.js to /jscript/jquery-1.7.1.min.js
    #2 - modify templates/zx_slideshow.php and add this as the first line (before the existing first line):
    Code:
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo($template->get_template_dir('jquery-1.7.1.min.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript'). '/jquery-1.7.1.min.js'); ?>"></script>
    This way you're loading that jQuery 1.7.1 only on your home page for ZX Slideshow, and it won't load on any other pages. Make sure you test all other features that use jQuery, and keep in mind this is not an elegant solution - it's more like killing a fly with a sledgehammer...

Plugin Contributions

I follow the wiki suggestion of putting the script on the module/page where it loads and that fixed the problem.

I did try before, renaming the script, and didn't solve the issue (the slider wasn't loading).

I will try your solution anyways to see if that's another option to have available.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Great plugin, was able to get it to install with no issue.

I would like to move the slider though from the home page, to the header area.

I found in the documentation where it says "f you want to display the slider in the header instead of center area:
    Step 1. open your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_default.php and REMOVE all code for ZX Slideshow.
    Step 2: explained in this post." the problem is the associated post seems to have nothing to do with moving the slider to the header area?

Help?

Thanks! C

Plugin Contributions

Figured it out!

Moved the ZX code from
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_default.php tpl_index_default.php
    to
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_header.php in common

Plugin Contributions

i installed the slider.....so do the images have to be a certain size?
    I noticed maybe that the area above the slider on my page got thrown out of balance,,,,
    please see www.candygoround.com

the top line ...where home | log in | shopping cart is........
    the black line at the top should be wider?
    I didnt change the width or anything....it might have changed after I added the slideshow....
    but i removed the slideshow and it's still the same...
    also the logo should be on the right side...
    any ideas how to fix?

thanks so much!!

Plugin Contributions

This has nothing to do with ZX Slideshow. You have an error somewhere in your other files, probably tpl_main_page.php or html_header.php which is causing the layout to break. This is very likely incorrect file encoding or something like that. I'd suggest comparing your files to the original file set to see what went wrong.

As for image size, no, size is up to you. Slider is responsive so it will adjust image width to the parent container size, but it IS recommended to prepare images before uploading and make sure you use images with the exact same dimensions. If you use different size images, the slider will automatically adjust images, both width and height, so the content below it might seem like it's jumping up and down with each slide.

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast